Strength Through Diversity
Ground breaking science. Advancing medicine. Healing made personal.
The Data Coordinator is embedded in the Bone Marrow Transplant program, extracting data related to hematology/oncology, treatments, and responses. This roll requires subject matter knowledge and the ability to design and execute robust audits. A candidate will have experience working closely with physicians, nurses and other clinical personnel. The Data Coordinator will often work independently, accomplishing tasks and reporting to senior leadership. This position requires independent learning and dissemination of education.
1. Collects data and generates highly complex reports as required.
3. Maintains knowledge of the current regulations and technologies related to data management. Disseminates relevant information to all concerned parties.
4. Reviews and audits database on a regular basis to ensure accuracy of data. Makes corrections and additions to database records as required.
5. Implements solutions for any data management issues. May develop training tools and update procedure manuals.
6. Assist in the design or design basic databases, or custom applications to ensure the database meets the needs of all levels of staff.
7. Trains staff with varying degrees of knowledge to effectively use the database system. Acts as a resource to all database users in order to assure consistency and accuracy of data.
8. Assists staff with technical issues related to the database.
9. Uses in-depth knowledge of the database to extract data and generate required reports and queries for statistical analyses in varying formats as requested. Implements changes to reports as required by regulatory and/or accrediting agencies.
10. Updates database as required and acts as a liaison with IT with any more complex technical issues or software updates.
11. Oversees data entry staff and other less experienced Data Coordinators.
Bachelor’s degree or equivalent work experience/education required.
3 years of clinical data experience required. (Master’s and 1 year experience)