Strength Through Diversity
Ground breaking science. Advancing medicine. Healing made personal.
Roles & Responsibilities:
- We are seeking a creative, independent and motivated Postdoctoral Scientist to work on a translational project related to pulmonary arterial hypertension. The ideal candidate should have a background in vascular medicine.
We offer a dynamic multi-disciplinary team that provides an excellent opportunity for growth as an independent scientist.
Job responsibilities and expectations:
• Implement and refine protocols for the in-vitro characterization of smooth muscle and endothelial cells in response to various pharmacological agents
• Analyze results of experiments and procedures
• Prepare figures and write manuscripts for publication
• Present work at national and international meetings
• Compete for external funding support
- • MD and/or PhD in vascular biology or related field
• Experience in molecular biology, western blotting, confocal microscopy, RT-PCR, flow cytometry, mass spectrometry, cell culture. Prior work with stem cells would be advantageous but not a must
• Creative problem solver with high ethical standards
• Work well independently and in a collaborative team
• Excellent oral and written communication skills
Strength Through Diversity
The Mount Sinai Health System believes that diversity and inclusion is a driver for excellence. We share a common devotion to delivering exceptional patient care. Yet we’re as diverse as the city we call home- culturally, ethically, in outlook and lifestyle. When you join us, you become a part of Mount Sinai’s unrivaled record of achievement, education and advancement as we revolutionize healthcare delivery together.
We work hard to recruit and retain the best people, and to create a welcoming, nurturing work environment where you have the opportunity and support to develop professionally. We share the belief that all employees, regardless of job title or expertise, have an impact on quality patient care.
Explore more about this opportunity and how you can help us write a new chapter in our story!
Who We Are
Over 38,000 employees strong, the mission of the Mount Sinai Health System is to provide compassionate patient care with seamless coordination and to advance medicine through unrivaled education, research, and outreach in the many diverse communities we serve.
Formed in September 2013, The Mount Sinai Health System combines the excellence of the Icahn School of Medicine at Mount Sinai with seven premier hospitals, including Mount Sinai Beth Israel, Mount Sinai Brooklyn, The Mount Sinai Hospital, Mount Sinai Queens, Mount Sinai West (formerly Mount Sinai Roosevelt), Mount Sinai St. Luke’s, and New York Eye and Ear Infirmary of Mount Sinai.
The Mount Sinai Health System is an equal opportunity employer. We comply with applicable Federal civil rights laws and does not discriminate, exclude, or treat people differently on the basis of race, color, national origin, age, religion, disability, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, or gender expression.