Strength Through Diversity
Ground breaking science. Advancing medicine. Healing made personal.
Roles & Responsibilities:
- The laboratory of Dr. Sealfon is looking for a highly motivated Postdoctoral Researcher to join our laboratory. We are a dynamic, international and integrated team of scientists, composed of bench-lab researchers, computer scientists and physicists. The postdoctoral researcher will mainly work on performing experiments and advancing techniques to identify and investigate genomics, epigenomics, and transcriptomic changes in pituitary cells (primary and cell culture) at the single-cell (SC) and population levels.
Preferred candidates will have some experience in, or strong desire to learn these techniques (SC RNAseq, SC ATAC, library preparations, qPCR). He/She will have strong writing and communication skills (proficiency in English is essential). As a member of the lab, the Postdoctoral Researcher will be expected to play a leading role in the design and execution of projects, writing publications and presenting data and results at weekly lab meetings.
Roles and Responsibilities:
* Design and perform cell and molecular biology experiments
* Optimize assays
* Cell culture experiments
* Excellent record keeping
* Must be a motivated team player
* Must be analytical and possess excellent organizational, time management
* Oral and written communication skills
* Any other related as assigned
- A PhD in Molecular/Cellular Biology or related field is preferred. Extensive knowledge of molecular biology principles, proficient in standard molecular biology techniques including PCR and DNA sequencing, and cell culture are desired. Single-cell techniques and animal handling are a plus.
Strength Through Diversity
The Mount Sinai Health System believes that diversity and inclusion is a driver for excellence. We share a common devotion to delivering exceptional patient care. Yet we’re as diverse as the city we call home- culturally, ethically, in outlook and lifestyle. When you join us, you become a part of Mount Sinai’s unrivaled record of achievement, education and advancement as we revolutionize healthcare delivery together.
We work hard to recruit and retain the best people, and to create a welcoming, nurturing work environment where you have the opportunity and support to develop professionally. We share the belief that all employees, regardless of job title or expertise, have an impact on quality patient care.
Explore more about this opportunity and how you can help us write a new chapter in our story!
Who We Are
Over 38,000 employees strong, the mission of the Mount Sinai Health System is to provide compassionate patient care with seamless coordination and to advance medicine through unrivaled education, research, and outreach in the many diverse communities we serve.
Formed in September 2013, The Mount Sinai Health System combines the excellence of the Icahn School of Medicine at Mount Sinai with seven premier hospitals, including Mount Sinai Beth Israel, Mount Sinai Brooklyn, The Mount Sinai Hospital, Mount Sinai Queens, Mount Sinai West (formerly Mount Sinai Roosevelt), Mount Sinai St. Luke’s, and New York Eye and Ear Infirmary of Mount Sinai.
The Mount Sinai Health System is an equal opportunity employer. We promote recognition and respect for individual and cultural differences, and we work to make our employees feel valued and appreciated, whatever their race, gender, background, or sexual orientation.