Strength Through Diversity
Ground breaking science. Advancing medicine. Healing made personal.
- The Addiction Institute at Mount Sinai (AIMS) is a vibrant, multi-disciplinary research institute at the Icahn School of Medicine at Mount Sinai in New York City. Under the leadership of Dr. Yasmin Hurd, AIMS uses a large number of neuropsychological, interview, electrophysiological and neuroimaging techniques to innovate and advance treatments for substance use disorders. We actively collaborate with members of the research community at Mount Sinai, including the Friedman Brain Institute, the Departments of Psychiatry, Neuroscience, Genetics and Genomic Sciences, Institute for Genomics and Multiscale Biology, and others, as well as with various institutions and consortia throughout the U.S. and the world.
Highly motivated individual with strong clinical background in substance use disorder research particularly with opioid use disorder and prior experience in coordinating clinical trials are encouraged to apply. This is an exciting opportunity for a clinical or cognitive neuroscience postdoc looking to establish him/herself in the field through productivity, training in conduct of clinical trials, and access to ample scientific resources.
- Duties and Responsibilities
• Assumes accountability for all medico-legal, scientific integrity, human safety and medical governance aspects of AIMS studies.
• Liaises with other study sites regarding the design, conduct and progression of studies in the AIMS.
• Assists with the medical and clinical oversight of all aspects of function and work performed within the AIMS.
• Participates in the planning, execution and data review for allocated studies.
• Works directly with clinical research personnel in reviewing data, performing physical assessments, medical histories, and evaluation of inclusion/exclusion criteria for study participants.
• Participates actively in the review/correction/update and approval of study data, especially the review and coding of adverse events and concomitant medications.
• Supports the implementation and application of clinical trial management system and electronic database in the AIMS.
• Supports the development of Informed Consent Forms for allocated studies and assists in obtaining the consent from study participants.
• Supports the training of clinical personnel at AIMS.
• Develop manuscripts and help in the support of grant submission.
Performs other related duties
• Develops a good working knowledge of study management and a full understanding of Good Clinical Practice and Work instructions and Guidance.
• Develops a good working knowledge of clinical trial activities within the Mount Sinai Health System and pass this on to less experienced staff.
• Develops productive working relationships with Mount Sinai colleagues and with colleagues at the other study sites to facilitate the performance of the duties and continued development as a Clinical Research Physician.
• Liaises effectively with all members of the AIMS and in participating in a positive team environment.
• Performs other related duties to ensure the success completion of clinical trials at AIMS.
Education: MD, PhD or MD/PhD
Experience: minimum 3 years in clinical research environment
SCR/SEL certification needed: NO