Ground breaking science. Advancing medicine. Healing made personal.
- Administer, customize, and deploy imaging informatics platforms for BMEII (Biomedical Engineering and Imaging Institute)
- BMEII hosts secure database platforms that facilitate archiving, sharing, and automated pipelines for processing imaging data, and tools for exploring and accessing the data
- In charge of writing and updating help documentation, maintenance and upgrades
- Develop, customize, and maintain preprocessing pipelines: fMRI BOLD preprocessing pipelines, DTI preprocessing pipelines, Structural preprocessing pipelines, and other quality control pipelines for researchers to process their images easily
- Provide technical support for the Mount Sinai Imaging Research Warehouse (MSIRW), which is a hospital wide imaging repository and will serve the entire Mount Sinai Health System
- Develop and design scripts for transferring data from PACS to the MSIRW, which will assist researchers in transferring their data efficiently
- Provide support and consultation with users to identify and analyze their imaging informatics and database support needs; investigate user problems, and determine possible solutions
- In charge of training scientists, postdoctoral fellows, graduate students and researchers at Mount Sinai to manage and process their own medical imaging data
- Participates in system administration of server software and hardware. Supports expansion and integration of new and existing servers
- A master’s degree in Computer Science, Neuroscience, Biomedical Engineering, Informatics, or related field or equivalent experience
- Experience: 1 year of research imaging data management experience
- Working knowledge of programming languages (Java, Python, BASH, MATLAB)
- Experience in web applications development technologies (e.g. Velocity, Apache Turbine)
- Experience with the informatics platform: XNAT and/or Flywheel
- Experience in Database Management Systems: (e.g. PostgreSQL, MySQL)
- Experience in medical imaging standards (e.g. DICOM)
- Experience in neuroimaging software (e.g. FreeSurfer, FSL, Pyxnat, DICOM Browser)
- Administration and maintenance of management information systems; server hardware and software technologies (including Unix and Windows-based servers)
- Some knowledge of Machine Learning/ Deep Learning (Tensorflow or similar) is a plus
The Mount Sinai Health System believes that diversity is a driver for excellence. We share a common devotion to delivering exceptional patient care. Yet we’re as diverse as the city we call home- culturally, ethically, in outlook and lifestyle. When you join us, you become a part of Mount Sinai’s unrivaled record of achievement, education and advancement as we revolutionize medicine together.
We work hard to acquire and retain the best people, and to create a welcoming, nurturing work environment where you can develop professionally. We share the belief that all employees, regardless of job title or expertise, can make an impact on quality patient care.
Explore more about this opportunity and how you can help us write a new chapter in our story!
Over 38,000 employees strong, the mission of the Mount Sinai Health System is to provide compassionate patient care with seamless coordination and to advance medicine through unrivaled education, research, and outreach in the many diverse communities we serve.
Formed in September 2013, The Mount Sinai Health System combines the excellence of the Icahn School of Medicine at Mount Sinai with seven premier hospital campuses, including Mount Sinai Beth Israel, Mount Sinai Beth Israel Brooklyn, The Mount Sinai Hospital, Mount Sinai Queens, Mount Sinai West (formerly Mount Sinai Roosevelt), Mount Sinai St. Luke’s, and New York Eye and Ear Infirmary of Mount Sinai.
The Mount Sinai Health System is an equal opportunity employer. We promote recognition and respect for individual and cultural differences, and we work to make our employees feel valued and appreciated, whatever their race, gender, background, or sexual orientation.