Ground breaking science. Advancing medicine. Healing made personal.
The Department of Environmental Medicine and Public Health at the Icahn School of Medicine at Mount Sinai seeks applicants for a position that will involve statistical data analysis of environmental and biological data. This position will provide assistance to a research team studying exposure to chemicals in consumer products.
Our project is collaboration between Icahn School of Medicine at Mount Sinai, Queens College and Make the Road. We utilize a participatory team-science approach, with opportunities for interdisciplinary collaboration and professional growth. Work related experience will be considered in determining level and salary.
- Data extraction from publicly available sources
- Analysis of data obtained through surveys and environmental field sampling
- Data modelling
- Ability to create informative visualizations of data conveying complex relationships to the public consumer
- Development of web applications for data visualization (e.g. Shiny)
- Assists in the review of data for publication and presentations
- Master’s degree in Biostatistics, Statistics and/or Math preferred
- 2 years of working experience performing analysis of environmental and population data
- Experience with database design and data modelling, SQL Server development and integration
- Experience with website design and development
The Mount Sinai Health System believes that diversity is a driver for excellence. We share a common devotion to delivering exceptional patient care. Yet we’re as diverse as the city we call home- culturally, ethically, in outlook and lifestyle. When you join us, you become a part of Mount Sinai’s unrivaled record of achievement, education and advancement as we revolutionize medicine together.
We work hard to acquire and retain the best people, and to create a welcoming, nurturing work environment where you can develop professionally. We share the belief that all employees, regardless of job title or expertise, can make an impact on quality patient care.
Explore more about this opportunity and how you can help us write a new chapter in our story!
Over 38,000 employees strong, the mission of the Mount Sinai Health System is to provide compassionate patient care with seamless coordination and to advance medicine through unrivaled education, research, and outreach in the many diverse communities we serve.
Formed in September 2013, The Mount Sinai Health System combines the excellence of the Icahn School of Medicine at Mount Sinai with seven premier hospital campuses, including Mount Sinai Beth Israel, Mount Sinai Beth Israel Brooklyn, The Mount Sinai Hospital, Mount Sinai Queens, Mount Sinai West (formerly Mount Sinai Roosevelt), Mount Sinai St. Luke’s, and New York Eye and Ear Infirmary of Mount Sinai.
The Mount Sinai Health System is an equal opportunity employer. We promote recognition and respect for individual and cultural differences, and we work to make our employees feel valued and appreciated, whatever their race, gender, background, or sexual orientation.