Ground breaking science. Advancing medicine. Healing made personal.
We are seeking a self-motivated and organized technician to join a renal physiology laboratory focused on studying the cellular and molecular mechanisms underlying epithelial transport in native mammalian and bioprinted preparations.
Roles & Responsibilities:
- Managing care of small research animal species (with focus on transgenic mice), including animal husbandry, genotyping, database maintenance, and interacting with veterinary staff in operations; perform minor animal surgery and collect animal tissues and specimens (blood, urine) for laboratory analysis
- Mammalian cell culture using a variety of epithelial cell lines; experience with iPSCs is a plus
- Performing assays on biological specimens.
- Performing molecular analyses, including RNA isolation, PCR, quantitative PCR, pouring agarose and polyacrylamide gels, western blots, tissue sectioning and immunolabeling
- Preparing and analysis chemical solutions according to instructions
- Data analysis
- Participating in lab meetings and discussions; providing updates of project progress to supervisor and other staff in both informal and formal reports
- Other general lab oversight:
- Maintaining detailed records of all laboratory processes and procedures for quality assurance purposes
- Ordering and maintaining laboratory supplies
- Bachelor's Degree in chemistry, biology, physics or related science or equivalent
- Previous experience (minimum two years) in small research animal care.
- Excellent communication and writing skills and strong computer literacy.
- Strong organizational skills and self-motivation.
- A minimum of two-year commitment.
- Contact information for three references should be provided.
The Mount Sinai Health System believes that diversity and inclusion is a driver for excellence. We share a common devotion to delivering exceptional patient care. Yet we’re as diverse as the city we call home- culturally, ethically, in outlook and lifestyle. When you join us, you become a part of Mount Sinai’s unrivaled record of achievement, education and advancement as we revolutionize healthcare delivery together.
We work hard to recruit and retain the best people, and to create a welcoming, nurturing work environment where you have the opportunity and support to develop professionally. We share the belief that all employees, regardless of job title or expertise, have an impact on quality patient care.
Explore more about this opportunity and how you can help us write a new chapter in our story!
Over 38,000 employees strong, the mission of the Mount Sinai Health System is to provide compassionate patient care with seamless coordination and to advance medicine through unrivaled education, research, and outreach in the many diverse communities we serve.
Formed in September 2013, The Mount Sinai Health System combines the excellence of the Icahn School of Medicine at Mount Sinai with seven premier hospitals, including Mount Sinai Beth Israel, Mount Sinai Brooklyn, The Mount Sinai Hospital, Mount Sinai Queens, Mount Sinai West (formerly Mount Sinai Roosevelt), Mount Sinai St. Luke’s, and New York Eye and Ear Infirmary of Mount Sinai.
The Mount Sinai Health System is an equal opportunity employer. We promote recognition and respect for individual and cultural differences, and we work to make our employees feel valued and appreciated, whatever their race, gender, background, or sexual orientation.