Strength Through Diversity
Ground breaking science. Advancing medicine. Healing made personal.
Req # 2556726
Software Quality Assurance Analyst
Roles & Responsibilities:
The Software Quality Assurance Analyst is an integral part of an in-house custom application development team supporting the business needs of finance, human resources, compliance, and other areas of the health system. The team serves the entire Mount Sinai Health System community including staff, faculty, researchers, physicians, students, and Board of Trustees. The Software QA Analyst will work under the direction of the Director of Enterprise Business Applications.
Duties and Responsibilities
• Perform quality assurance and regression testing of custom developed application software to insure specifications are met
• Evaluate complex system specifications to formulate and implement comprehensive test plans
• Prepare and maintain test plan documents that describe system level functions and their related tests to establish traceability between requirements and tests
• Work with Project Managers and Application Developers to understand specifications and application functionality
• Organize and conduct all phases of testing
• Maintain test documents as software requirements change
• Research and evaluates alternative test approaches and recommend the most efficient and cost effective approach
• Evaluate, document, track, and communicate individual test results in a clear and concise manner
• Work with the PM’s and development team to identify, review, monitor, and document defects, and to track and verify their resolution in testing environments
• May suggest ways to achieve requirement objectives and to correct errors identified by the testing process
• Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or a related discipline
• At least four years’ experience in systems analysis, application program development or systems testing, or an equivalent combination of education and work experience
• Requires understanding of the system development life cycle and web application infrastructure (application servers, messaging, databases)
• Experience with methodologies to satisfy QA and Regression testing
• Strong communication, analytical, and interpersonal skills
• Should be able to work effectively as a team member
• Should be able to manage and adjust to changing priorities
• Proficiency in software testing tools is a plus
Strength Through Diversity
The Mount Sinai Health System believes that diversity is a driver for excellence. We share a common devotion to delivering exceptional patient care. Yet we’re as diverse as the city we call home- culturally, ethically, in outlook and lifestyle. When you join us, you become a part of Mount Sinai’s unrivaled record of achievement, education and advancement as we revolutionize medicine together.
We work hard to acquire and retain the best people, and to create a welcoming, nurturing work environment where you can develop professionally. We share the belief that all employees, regardless of job title or expertise, can make an impact on quality patient care.
Explore more about this opportunity and how you can help us write a new chapter in our story!
Who We Are
Over 38,000 employees strong, the mission of the Mount Sinai Health System is to provide compassionate patient care with seamless coordination and to advance medicine through unrivaled education, research, and outreach in the many diverse communities we serve.
Formed in September 2013, The Mount Sinai Health System combines the excellence of the Icahn School of Medicine at Mount Sinai with seven premier hospital campuses, including Mount Sinai Beth Israel, Mount Sinai Beth Israel Brooklyn, The Mount Sinai Hospital, Mount Sinai Queens, Mount Sinai West (formerly Mount Sinai Roosevelt), Mount Sinai St. Luke’s, and New York Eye and Ear Infirmary of Mount Sinai.
The Mount Sinai Health System is an equal opportunity employer. We promote recognition and respect for individual and cultural differences, and we work to make our employees feel valued and appreciated, whatever their race, gender, background, or sexual orientation.