Ground breaking science. Advancing medicine. Healing made personal.
The Grant Writer works collaboratively with Principal Investigators and Associate Directors to ensure a timely turnaround and proposal submissions. This individual reports directly to the Director of Research and has a level of accountability with the Department Administrator.
- Provides full life cycle editing and writing support for grant submissions and progress reports for diverse funding opportunities including the NIH, private foundations, industry, and nonprofit.
- Supports researchers translate data results into a manuscript format and propel them to publication.
- Works with faculty to conceptualize and craft presentations.
- Ensures that work products conform to the formatting and internal/external policy/regulatory requirements, are free of errors, and those scientific ideas are presented clearly, accurately, and persuasively.
- Contributes to and informs on strategic program/entity planning and related funding and financial sustainability.
- Coaches faculty members and associate directors on grant writing.
- Analyzes and interprets research results and the scientific literature in connection with writing or editing high-quality grant proposal narratives, grant reports, letters of recommendation, fellowship applications, etc.
- Helps researchers translate data results into a manuscript format and propel them to publication.
- Effectively manages time, multi-task, and handle a high volume of work in a fast-paced environment. Develops detailed project timelines according to team-specified deadlines.
- Other relevant duties as assigned.
- Master’s degree preferred, or combination of applicable experience and education
- 5+ years of relevant experience
The Mount Sinai Health System believes that diversity is a driver for excellence. We share a common devotion to delivering exceptional patient care. Yet we’re as diverse as the city we call home- culturally, ethically, in outlook and lifestyle. When you join us, you become a part of Mount Sinai’s unrivaled record of achievement, education and advancement as we revolutionize medicine together.
We work hard to acquire and retain the best people, and to create a welcoming, nurturing work environment where you can develop professionally. We share the belief that all employees, regardless of job title or expertise, can make an impact on quality patient care.
Explore more about this opportunity and how you can help us write a new chapter in our story!
Over 38,000 employees strong, the mission of the Mount Sinai Health System is to provide compassionate patient care with seamless coordination and to advance medicine through unrivaled education, research, and outreach in the many diverse communities we serve.
Formed in September 2013, The Mount Sinai Health System combines the excellence of the Icahn School of Medicine at Mount Sinai with seven premier hospital campuses, including Mount Sinai Beth Israel, Mount Sinai Beth Israel Brooklyn, The Mount Sinai Hospital, Mount Sinai Queens, Mount Sinai West (formerly Mount Sinai Roosevelt), Mount Sinai St. Luke’s, and New York Eye and Ear Infirmary of Mount Sinai.
The Mount Sinai Health System is an equal opportunity employer. We promote recognition and respect for individual and cultural differences, and we work to make our employees feel valued and appreciated, whatever their race, gender, background, or sexual orientation.