Strength Through Diversity
Ground breaking science. Advancing medicine. Healing made personal.
Graphics Manager- Development Communications Requisition # 2557610
Development Communications is seeking a seasoned graphic designer to produce a full spectrum of materials in support of a major fundraising office at a top-ranked academic medical center. As part of the development communications team, the designer will work with colleagues to create print pieces, logos, Web pages, electronic communications, and other materials as needed to promote Mount Sinai’s capital campaign and all other development efforts. The Graphic Manager should have at least 5 years of graphic design experience, showing increased accomplishment and command for technologies and strategy. He/she will be a full creative partner for the team, thinking strategically to produce effective materials in a dynamic, fast-paced environment.
Roles & Responsibilities:
- Provides leadership in graphic strategies and solutions department-wide.
- Working with clients from the outset, oversees the creation and design of print, electronic and social media collateral, including brochures, flyers, proposals, invitations, programs, web pages, e-communications, etc. for Development.
- Creates diagrams, charts, illustrations, and other graphic elements
- Works with freelance designers, agencies and consultants on other projects as needed.
- Creates templates for Power Point and other presentations
- Works with photographers and videographers, and edits photographs as needed for Development materials
- Educates Communications team as to best practices and deepens their understanding of why certain approaches are more successful
- Works to ensure branding standards are maintained across Development materials; to enhance creative approaches that are in keeping with institutional mandates.
- Contributes work to Science & Medicine magazine as needed.
- Maintains and shares catalogue/system of all designed collateral resources across Communications, and a “library” of usable materials (i.e. photographs and videos)
- Keeps current with all design trends and technologies
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
- Must submit a Resume, Cover Letter & Portfolio
- Bachelor’s degree, preferably in art, design, or communications
- Advanced degree or certificate is preferred but not essential
- 5 years of graphic design work for print and web, preferably in a health, academic, or other non-profit environment
- Advanced knowledge of - and facility with - computer graphic packages: Adobe Photoshop, Illustrator, Dreamweaver, InDesign, Quark.
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite applications, including PowerPoint, Excel, Word, Outlook
- Must be innovative and creative thinker.
- Must be a patient, good communicator who is able to take direction from several sources
- Must have the ability to communicate complex concepts through design quickly
- Must be detail oriented with the ability to tailor graphic concepts while adhering to firm brand standards and brand compliance
- Excellent team player
- Must be able to work well under pressure in a fast-paced, deadline-driven environment
- Must be organized and be able to juggle multiple projects at once and to manage the timelines effectively
- Must be able to pivot quickly and be responsive to urgent requests
- Should have a good sense of humor.
Strength Through Diversity
The Mount Sinai Health System believes that diversity is a driver for excellence. We share a common devotion to delivering exceptional patient care. Yet we’re as diverse as the city we call home- culturally, ethically, in outlook and lifestyle. When you join us, you become a part of Mount Sinai’s unrivaled record of achievement, education and advancement as we revolutionize medicine together.
We work hard to acquire and retain the best people, and to create a welcoming, nurturing work environment where you can develop professionally. We share the belief that all employees, regardless of job title or expertise, can make an impact on quality patient care.
Explore more about this opportunity and how you can help us write a new chapter in our story!
Who We Are
Over 38,000 employees strong, the mission of the Mount Sinai Health System is to provide compassionate patient care with seamless coordination and to advance medicine through unrivaled education, research, and outreach in the many diverse communities we serve.
Formed in September 2013, The Mount Sinai Health System combines the excellence of the Icahn School of Medicine at Mount Sinai with seven premier hospital campuses, including Mount Sinai Beth Israel, Mount Sinai Beth Israel Brooklyn, The Mount Sinai Hospital, Mount Sinai Queens, Mount Sinai West (formerly Mount Sinai Roosevelt), Mount Sinai St. Luke’s, and New York Eye and Ear Infirmary of Mount Sinai.
The Mount Sinai Health System is an equal opportunity employer. We promote recognition and respect for individual and cultural differences, and we work to make our employees feel valued and appreciated, whatever their race, gender, background, or sexual orientation.