Strength Through Diversity
Ground breaking science. Advancing medicine. Healing made personal.
Roles & Responsibilities:
As a member of the MSSM Scientific Computing Group, responsible for the architecture, design and deployment of HPC clusters, and the management/maintenance of data and workflow systems for MSSM researchers and scientists. Participates in the integration of HPC resources with laboratory equipment and systems and in the resolution of applications, systems and other technical issues.
- Architects, designs and deploys MSSM HPC clusters, to be expanded to over 10,000 cores with high bandwidth, low latency interconnects, several petabytes of data storage and databases in production.
- Maintains, tunes and manages computational, data and workflow systems for MSSM researchers and scientists. Defines and deploys a comprehensive computational and data vision.
- Researches and deploys new technologies such as GPU’s, Hadoop and cloud computing, and the architecture and deployment of an archival storage system.
- Troubleshoots, isolates and resolves application, system and other technical problems (hardware, software, network).
- Designs and develops scripts for system administration, monitoring and usage reporting.
- Researches, deploys and optimizes resource management and scheduling software and policies. Develops and implements backup policies.
- Participates in the integration of HPC resources with laboratory equipment such as sequencers, etc.
- Designs, tunes and manages parallel file systems, storage and data-oriented resources.
- Researches, deploys and manages security infrastructure, including development of policies and procedures.
- Writes, publishes and presents papers at national and international conferences.
- Assists in developing and writing proposals. Creates and provides clear documentation on all items.
- Bachelors degree or equivalent in Computer Engineering, Science or a related discipline; Masters degree or equivalent in a domain science
- 4 years, preferably in a Redhat/CentOS Linux administration.
- Experience in batch HPC cluster environment.
- Experience with parallel file systems and storage.
- Experience with archival storage and tape libraries
- Working knowledge of databases
- Experience in Infiniband, SAM, Myrinet, 10GE
- Experience in an academic or research community environment
- Script and programming experience
Strength Through Diversity
The Mount Sinai Health System believes that diversity and inclusion is a driver for excellence. We share a common devotion to delivering exceptional patient care. Yet we’re as diverse as the city we call home- culturally, ethically, in outlook and lifestyle. When you join us, you become a part of Mount Sinai’s unrivaled record of achievement, education and advancement as we revolutionize healthcare delivery together.
We work hard to recruit and retain the best people, and to create a welcoming, nurturing work environment where you have the opportunity and support to develop professionally. We share the belief that all employees, regardless of job title or expertise, have an impact on quality patient care.
Explore more about this opportunity and how you can help us write a new chapter in our story!
Who We Are
Over 38,000 employees strong, the mission of the Mount Sinai Health System is to provide compassionate patient care with seamless coordination and to advance medicine through unrivaled education, research, and outreach in the many diverse communities we serve.
Formed in September 2013, The Mount Sinai Health System combines the excellence of the Icahn School of Medicine at Mount Sinai with seven premier hospitals, including Mount Sinai Beth Israel, Mount Sinai Brooklyn, The Mount Sinai Hospital, Mount Sinai Queens, Mount Sinai West (formerly Mount Sinai Roosevelt), Mount Sinai St. Luke’s, and New York Eye and Ear Infirmary of Mount Sinai.
The Mount Sinai Health System is an equal opportunity employer. We promote recognition and respect for individual and cultural differences, and we work to make our employees feel valued and appreciated, whatever their race, gender, background, or sexual orientation.