Strength Through Diversity
Ground breaking science. Advancing medicine. Healing made personal.
Performs and participates in decontamination, cleaning, assembling, packaging, scanning, sterilization, storage and distribution of reusable surgical instrumentation and equipment. Performs other duties as assigned or required.
Roles & Responsibilities:
- Decontaminates and sterilizes instruments, medical supplies and equipment, and assembles, wraps and sterilizes trays of instruments. Follows proper Standard Precautions while in decontamination and sterilization areas
- Monitors biological and chemical wash solution to ensure quality and consistency for decontamination of instruments and medical equipment
- Sorts mismatched sets of instruments, trays, and medical equipment and makes them available to sterile processing customers in a timely manner
- Restocks, labels, and maintains inventory, submits requisitions, collects and distributes instruments, trays, crash carts, and facility medical equipment
- Performs environmental maintenance duties and assists in maintaining inventory levels in sterile processing, the operating room, and in equipment storage areas
- Verifies that equipment functions properly, requisitions for equipment maintenance, repair or replacement, and removes defective equipment
- Maintains a clean work area
- Assists with maintaining established departmental policies and procedures, objectives, and quality improvement, safety, and environmental and infection control standards
- Communicates appropriately using good
- Education: Associates Degree or High School Diploma/GED plus two years of related experience
- Graduate of a Surgical Technician Program if performing clinical duties
- Experience: 2 years of related experience
The Mount Sinai Health System believes that diversity and inclusion is a driver for excellence. We share a common devotion to delivering exceptional patient care. Yet we’re as diverse as the city we call home- culturally, ethically, in outlook and lifestyle. When you join us, you become a part of Mount Sinai’s unrivaled record of achievement, education and advancement as we revolutionize healthcare delivery together.
We work hard to recruit and retain the best people, and to create a welcoming, nurturing work environment where you have the opportunity and support to develop professionally. We share the belief that all employees, regardless of job title or expertise, have an impact on quality patient care.
Explore more about this opportunity and how you can help us write a new chapter in our story!
Over 38,000 employees strong, the mission of the Mount Sinai Health System is to provide compassionate patient care with seamless coordination and to advance medicine through unrivaled education, research, and outreach in the many diverse communities we serve.
Formed in September 2013, The Mount Sinai Health System combines the excellence of the Icahn School of Medicine at Mount Sinai with seven premier hospitals, including Mount Sinai Beth Israel, Mount Sinai Brooklyn, The Mount Sinai Hospital, Mount Sinai Queens, Mount Sinai West (formerly Mount Sinai Roosevelt), Mount Sinai St. Luke’s, and New York Eye and Ear Infirmary of Mount Sinai.
The Mount Sinai Health System is an equal opportunity employer. We promote recognition and respect for individual and cultural differences, and we work to make our employees feel valued and appreciated, whatever their race, gender, background, or sexual orientation.