Strength Through Diversity
Ground breaking science. Advancing medicine. Healing made personal.
- The Financial Analyst II plans, organizes and directs day to day analytical activities and functions related to the fiscal and administrative functions for the Department. Provides administrative services and analytical support to management.
Duties and Responsibilities:
1. Monitors monthly budget, fund and or/general ledgers for the department or business unit within the School or Hospital; provides variance analysis.
2. Communicates with accounting staff to obtain variance explanations, to alert them to wire transfers and to ensure that revenue and expenses are captured properly.
3. Prepares regular reports and participates in follow-up discussions with department administrators over actual variances from approved budgets.
4. Assist in business plan development and logistical planning for new faculty recruitment.
5. May ensure that grants, clinical trials and other revenue and expense driven projects are properly monitored and timely reports are prepared.
6. Prepare and submit purchase orders, contracts, change orders, invoices, check requests, petty cash vouchers, travel requests and travel vouchers, fund transfers and HRTS transactions as necessary.
7. May prepare a transmittal of instructions for checks and cash which accompanies these instruments to the main cashier or Finance for deposit and credit to the appropriate account.
8. May input and review staff payroll and record maintenance.
9. May prepare accruals for upload monthly general ledger updates.
10. May assist in monitoring payments by insurance providers in determining revenue streams.
11. Performs other related duties.
Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or an equivalent combination of education and experience
3 years financial experience
Knowledge of accounting principles and practices, sufficient to compile reports concerning financial status and operating procedures of organizations.
Good communication skills
Attention to detail