Strength Through Diversity
Ground breaking science. Advancing medicine. Healing made personal.
Dept- Tisch 015 REQ # 2558470
Job Title: Assistant Director
- The Assistant Director assists in monitoring the daily operations of the department operations including staff supervision, retention, budgetary oversight, materials management, and data management. The Assistant Director develops and implements departmental policies and procedures.
- Assists the Director in the day-to-day operations of the department. Provides professional and administrative guidance to staff.
- Evaluates operations and identifies possible improvements within the department. Consults, advises and informs Director concerning administrative issues, needs and problems.
- Plans, organizes and implements services to meet departmental goals. Participates in developing and implementing department wide policies and procedures.
- Interviews and recommends hiring of new staff. Assists in departmental orientation, mentoring, and training and probationary and annual evaluations of staff members. Recommends particular recognition, discipline, and, if necessary, discharge of assigned staff members.
- Assists in the preparation and planning of budgets to control costs and allocates funds in accordance with departmental functions. Performs regular reconciliations, analysis and justification of cost variances
- Recommends and implements cost effective measures in department operations.
- Develops and maintains effective working relationships with various Hospital departments to facilitate departmental and institutional goals. Maintains communication between governing boards, medical staff, and department heads by meetings and coordinating interdepartmental functioning.
- Establishes work schedules and assignments for staff, according to workload, space and equipment availability.
- Develops and maintains computerized record management systems to store and process data such as personnel activities and information. Produces reports as requested or as necessary.
- Maintains the competencies and skills of staff through proper training and development . Identifies ongoing educational needs and assists in staff development programs.
- Performs other related duties.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Health Care Administration, Public Administration or related field; Master’s Degree preferred.
- 5 years minimum experience, preferably in a health care setting