Strength Through Diversity
Ground breaking science. Advancing medicine. Healing made personal.
An integral member of the GME Leadership Team, the GME Director of Data and Analytics is responsible for leading ISMMS efforts in the measurement and analysis of program and institutional quality metrics. The GME Director of Data and Analytics will have a strong understanding of statistical methods and data analysis tools and will lead a team focused on the effective analysis, interpretation and communication of findings related to GME programs and support of data initiatives related to HR and finance management. Specific responsibilities are outlined below.
- Works with users both within and outside of the GME Office to identify and prioritize reporting requests in support of quality measurement and medical education research.
- Leads approaches to collection and management of GME data, including selection and utilization of online survey and analysis tools to allow for effective data capture and reporting.
- Works closely with GME leadership and team members to ensure data reporting provides actionable information that can help in driving strategic decision making.
- Provides regular and effective reports and analysis on GME-related activities and outcomes derived from GME surveys and data sets related to resident/fellowship match; various compliance measures (evaluation completion; duty hour reporting; and others); program quality (exit; “pulse”; etc.); and well-being.
- Oversees data collection (ACGME surveys; match statistics; scholarly activity; caselogs and other metrics) and reporting for GME Dashboard, ensuring effective twice annual reporting to school and hospital leadership of program quality metrics.
- Supports and advises on data management processes related to HR, including integrations with New Innovations RMS and other systems (HR, Credentialing, etc.).
- Supports and advises on data reporting and management processes related to CMS cost reporting and tracking of resident/fellow time.
- Coordinates with outside stakeholders (IT, Epic, HRIS, etc.) to consider both back-end-organization of data and front-end accessibility for end users and applications.
- Bachelors degree required.
- Advanced degree (master or doctorate) in statistics, social science, public health or epidemiology, education or related fields preferred
- At least 5 years of full-time experience in data analytics required. A combination of education and experience may be substituted for requirements
- Experience with survey design, sampling design, survey data collection methods, including the use of incentives to drive response, data preparation, survey data assessment and analytics a plus
- Experience with Epic and New Innovations RMS a plus
- Knowledge of accreditation (ACGME, etc) and regulatory requirements (NYS, etc) a plus
- Proficiency in SAS, R, SQL, or Python a must
- Proficiency in Tableau or other data visualization software strongly preferred
- Strong understanding of data structure/integration and relational database design
- Ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously, set priorities, and collaborate with team members and others throughout the organization
- Ability to work with multiple stakeholders with competing priorities
- Self-motivated, resourceful, and able to take initiative
- Confident working independently
- Ability to communicate effectively and collaborate with multiple stakeholders across various departments/sites
· Strength Through Diversity