Ground breaking science. Advancing medicine. Healing made personal.
Examines and provides remedial services for patients with speech and hearing disorders. Performs research related speech and language problems.
- Administers hearing or speech/language evaluations, tests, or examinations to patients to collect information on type and degree of impairment.
- Conducts or directs research and reports findings on speech or hearing topics to develop procedures, technology, or treatments.
- Evaluates hearing and speech/language test results and medical or background information to determine hearing or speech impairment and treatment.
- Counsels and instructs patients in techniques to improve speech or hearing impairment, including sign language.
- Plans and conducts prevention and treatment programs for patients' hearing or speech problems.
- Records and maintains reports of speech or hearing research or treatments.
- Refers patients to additional medical or educational services if needed.
- Advises educators or other medical staff on speech or hearing topics.
- Participates in conferences or training to update or share knowledge of new hearing disorder treatment methods or technology.
- Performs other related duties.
- Master's degree in Audiology
- 1 year experience in Audiology or combination of experience and related education
- Current NY State License in Audiology
The Mount Sinai Health System believes that diversity is a driver for excellence. We share a common devotion to delivering exceptional patient care. Yet we’re as diverse as the city we call home- culturally, ethically, in outlook and lifestyle. When you join us, you become a part of Mount Sinai’s unrivaled record of achievement, education and advancement as we revolutionize medicine together.
We work hard to acquire and retain the best people, and to create a welcoming, nurturing work environment where you can develop professionally. We share the belief that all employees, regardless of job title or expertise, can make an impact on quality patient care.
Explore more about this opportunity and how you can help us write a new chapter in our story!
Over 38,000 employees strong, the mission of the Mount Sinai Health System is to provide compassionate patient care with seamless coordination and to advance medicine through unrivaled education, research, and outreach in the many diverse communities we serve.
Formed in September 2013, The Mount Sinai Health System combines the excellence of the Icahn School of Medicine at Mount Sinai with seven premier hospital campuses, including Mount Sinai Beth Israel, Mount Sinai Beth Israel Brooklyn, The Mount Sinai Hospital, Mount Sinai Queens, Mount Sinai West (formerly Mount Sinai Roosevelt), Mount Sinai St. Luke’s, and New York Eye and Ear Infirmary of Mount Sinai.
The Mount Sinai Health System is an equal opportunity employer. We promote recognition and respect for individual and cultural differences, and we work to make our employees feel valued and appreciated, whatever their race, gender, background, or sexual orientation.