Strength Through Diversity
Ground breaking science. Advancing medicine. Healing made personal.
- Reviews grant and/or contract proposals and expenditures prior to submission for accuracy, completeness, and compliance with all applicable policies, procedures, and regulations.
- Reviews financial and administrative policies on behalf of the Department. Will assist in submission of high priority proposals and grants.
- Acts as a liaison with departmental administrators, faculty and extramural funding agencies (federal, state, local and non-profit organizations) to endorse any edits to the proposals prior to institutional endorsement.
- Ensures that grants and contracts applications are submitted, in correct compliance characterization, and routed to the appropriate committee (Institutional Animal Care and Use Committee, Institutional Review Board, Bio-Safety Officer and Financial Conflict of Interest in Research Committee.
- Analyzes monthly grant activity and monitors expenditures posted to assigned grant projects and prepares customized fiscal reports for the department.
- Provides cost benefit analysis and other reports as required.
- Assists with pre-award budget development, post-award monitoring, program sub –contract management, and grant closeout procedures.
- Oversees expenditures, reviews ledgers, tracks payments from Sponsors. Develops financial management review system for funded projects.
- Interacts with faculty, departmental administrator, finance and institutional compliance committees on all Sponsored Programs and research programs. Provides information to Sponsored Programs Accounting for fund activation.
- Reviews and provides Just-In-Time, supplemental and amended information to extramural sponsors on applications.
- Create and maintains computer documentation and appropriate files for proposal submissions, awards, and research expenditures.
- Act as liaison to Sponsored Projects Accounting (SPA) for subcontracts written by SPA, but signed by GCO.
- Train new faculty and staff in research/grants management.
- Performs other related duties.
- Bachelor's degree in Business or a related field
- 2 - 5 years of progressive experience in grants. Knowledge of grants, contracts, and applications and familiarity with electronic research administration requirements from a variety of sponsoring agencies, federal, state, local, etc.