Strength Through Diversity
Ground breaking science. Advancing medicine. Healing made personal.
Department Name- 551 - Materials Management
REQ # 2560900
Job Title: Senior Manager
The Senior Manager is responsible for overseeing staff, operations and resources within one or more departments or divisions. This individual ensures optimal results in day to day administrative, financial operations and high employee engagement. The Senior Manager ensures that the department is run according to institutional policies and any applicable regulatory requirements.
Roles & Responsibilities:
1. Oversees operations within assigned department or division; uses data and fact-based problem solving techniques to improve processes and outcomes. Ensures that all operations run according to institutional and departmental policies and in accordance with any government or regulatory requirements as applicable.
2. Recruits, orients, trains, coaches, counsels, mentors, disciplines, and evaluates staff in accordance with all internal policies and procedures. Communicates values, strategies, and objectives of department or division on a regular basis.
3. Responsible for establishing and assigning accountabilities, delegation of tasks and responsibilities, and plans, monitors and appraises job performance.
4. May develop, maintain and reconcile departmental budget with financial responsibility and oversight for department or division.
5. Plans, develops, and/or maintains departmental standard operating procedures. Regularly reviews policies and procedures and makes changes, or recommends changes to superiors as necessary.
6. Maintains professional and technical knowledge by attending educational workshops; reviewing professional publications; establishing personal networks; benchmarking state-of-the-art practices; participating in professional societies.
7. Other relevant duties as assigned
·Bachelor’s degree or higher preferred, or combination of appropriate administrative/managerial experience and education/training
· 7+ years of relevant, progressive administrative experience (2+ years of supervisory preferred
Strength Through Diversity
The Mount Sinai Health System believes that diversity is a driver for excellence. We share a common devotion to delivering exceptional patient care. Yet we’re as diverse as the city we call home- culturally, ethically, in outlook and lifestyle. When you join us, you become a part of Mount Sinai’s unrivaled record of achievement, education and advancement as we revolutionize medicine together.
We work hard to acquire and retain the best people, and to create a welcoming, nurturing work environment where you can develop professionally. We share the belief that all employees, regardless of job title or expertise, can make an impact on quality patient care.
Explore more about this opportunity and how you can help us write a new chapter in our story!
Who We Are
Over 38,000 employees strong, the mission of the Mount Sinai Health System is to provide compassionate patient care with seamless coordination and to advance medicine through unrivaled education, research, and outreach in the many diverse communities we serve.
Formed in September 2013, The Mount Sinai Health System combines the excellence of the Icahn School of Medicine at Mount Sinai with seven premier hospital campuses, including Mount Sinai Beth Israel, Mount Sinai Beth Israel Brooklyn, The Mount Sinai Hospital, Mount Sinai Queens, Mount Sinai West (formerly Mount Sinai Roosevelt), Mount Sinai St. Luke’s, and New York Eye and Ear Infirmary of Mount Sinai.
The Mount Sinai Health System is an equal opportunity employer. We promote recognition and respect for individual and cultural differences, and we work to make our employees feel valued and appreciated, whatever their race, gender, background, or sexual orientation.