Strength Through Diversity
Ground breaking science. Advancing medicine. Healing made personal.
Epic - Req #2561604
Senior IT Director - Epic Hospital/Professional Billing
Roles & Responsibilities:
The Senior Director of Information Technologies is responsible for planning designing and implementing information systems and technologies for large and/or multiple areas of the organization. Other responsibilities include research, development and application of new information system technologies to support the goals of managing and operating the organization.
1. Directs the utilization of information system resources and plans, designs, and implements organization wide information systems and technologies for large and/or multiple areas of the organization.
2. Assigns and coordinates the work of Information Technologies staff, contractors and vendors. Provides overall technical leadership within a structure that is consistently expanding through organization wide system development and departmental utilization of microcomputers.
3. Coordinates planning, design, implementation, and technical support of information systems, networks, and departmental applications.
4. Collaborates with the CIO in establishing organizational goals for information systems and technologies.
5. Directs the development of the Information Technologies operating budget and maintains necessary controls to assure compliance with budgeted expenses, resources, and staff projections.
6. Responsible for the development of organization-wide systems standards (hardware, software, network systems) policies and procedures.
7. Responsible for development and implementation of information systems disaster recovery plans.
8. Develops staff and monitor programs to support production services including staffing, standards, productivity analysis, cost factors, benefits realization, and operations processing.
- Bachelor's degree in Business Administration and/or Information Systems with course work in Computer Science or equivalent; Master's preferred.
- 15 years of progressive information systems management experience preferably in a health care field.
- Excellent written, oral and interpersonal skills
- Excellent organizational and analytical skills
- Epic Hospital Billing or Professional Billing certification required
- Previous work experience with EPIC Systems including system configuration and design
- Knowledge of and experience with New York State billing is strongly preferred
Strength Through Diversity
The Mount Sinai Health System believes that diversity is a driver for excellence. We share a common devotion to delivering exceptional patient care. Yet we’re as diverse as the city we call home- culturally, ethically, in outlook and lifestyle. When you join us, you become a part of Mount Sinai’s unrivaled record of achievement, education and advancement as we revolutionize medicine together.
We work hard to acquire and retain the best people, and to create a welcoming, nurturing work environment where you can develop professionally. We share the belief that all employees, regardless of job title or expertise, can make an impact on quality patient care.
Explore more about this opportunity and how you can help us write a new chapter in our story!
Who We Are
Over 38,000 employees strong, the mission of the Mount Sinai Health System is to provide compassionate patient care with seamless coordination and to advance medicine through unrivaled education, research, and outreach in the many diverse communities we serve.
Formed in September 2013, The Mount Sinai Health System combines the excellence of the Icahn School of Medicine at Mount Sinai with seven premier hospital campuses, including Mount Sinai Beth Israel, Mount Sinai Beth Israel Brooklyn, The Mount Sinai Hospital, Mount Sinai Queens, Mount Sinai West (formerly Mount Sinai Roosevelt), Mount Sinai St. Luke’s, and New York Eye and Ear Infirmary of Mount Sinai.
The Mount Sinai Health System is an equal opportunity employer. We promote recognition and respect for individual and cultural differences, and we work to make our employees feel valued and appreciated, whatever their race, gender, background, or sexual orientation.