Strength Through Diversity
Ground breaking science. Advancing medicine. Healing made personal.
Epic - Req # 2561614
Technology Specialist III
- Utilizes an in-depth knowledge of technological alternatives and directions, business systems and requirements, conducts independent analyses and reviews of technical and business requirements.
- Develops innovations with business partnerships, enhancing operations and/or providing a competitive advantage to the organization. Acts as the primary technical resource and consultant, in their area of expertise, to senior client and IT management and staff.
- Provides feedback on programming, interface, or product design issues which could impact scheduling and allocation of resources.
- Ensures technical designs comply with applicable architecture standards and designs are functionally and technically feasible.
- Validates technology ability to meet business, performance, integration, and scalability requirements for each project.
- Establish, communicate, and enforces application design patterns, interface standards, and development guidelines.
- Understands network security services (NSS) architectural products and standards to ensure solutions are compliant. Provides feedback into the overall Product Roadmap and NSS.
- Promotes and strongly communicates the architectural blueprints to mobilize the rest of the organization to build solutions that fit customer needs.
- Plays a critical role in the investigation of new technologies along with Enterprise Architecture and Solution Design and Consulting to provide development viability of architectural initiatives to meet medium to long term business needs.
- Adjusts product architecture as customers’ requirements, market conditions and technology evolve.
- Establishes solutions architectural processes and standards to guide the rest of the development organization.
- Partner with program managers and development teams on oversight for all requirements to formulate appropriate architecture required to provide system functionality, deciding when to advocate and when to compromise to arrive at mutually acceptable solutions.
- Understands the long-term business objectives and proposes technology strategies to meet those objectives by introducing innovation through technology.
- Works with the development team to translate software architecture into design.
- Plays a leading role in the investigation of new technologies and architectural initiatives to meet medium to long term business needs.
- Performs related duties as assigned or requested.
- Bachelor’s degree in a technical discipline; Master’s degree preferred .
- 8 years minimum experience (higher preferred), 12 years of related experience, including a demonstrated ability in technology area. In-depth knowledge of associated technology areas that could impact area of responsibility; healthcare technology experience preferred.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, including the ability to translate complex Technical concepts into understandable terms
- Tailor communication to audience
- Mediate and facilitate communications between others, and communicate architecture to all levels of management and customers
- Ability to gain buy-in from stakeholders to resolve significant architecture issues