Strength Through Diversity
Ground breaking science. Advancing medicine. Healing made personal.
Engineering Support Services - Req
Facilities Communication Technician
Communication Technician monitors all Building Management System, Pneumatic
Tube System, Vertical Transportation Control Systems, BSL3 Laboratory Systems,
Facility Communication Systems, Work Order Control System and other facility
Respond to complaints throughout the Medical Center. Adjust temperature and fan controls utilizing the various Building Automation Systems. Notify the appropriate Management of any safety issues concerning equipment malfunctions, (e.g. elevator entrapments, leaks, all urgent patient care issues, etc.). Monitors the radio communications of the facility personnel and assist Management in the total coordination of work and emergency operations.
Roles & Responsibilities:
- Receive communications from various customers, generate work orders from information received, transmit work orders to the appropriate personnel to remedy concerns, escalate concerns to Management when appropriate and manage Work Order Flow.
- Manage all TeamOps III transactions and make corrections when appropriate.
- Report all BLS Laboratory emergencies to appropriate personnel via Urgent Call Log.
- Track Funded Project labor and material charges.
- Generate various reports from systems under their control.
- Supervises task assignments for maintenance personnel assigned to Work Control.
- Operate a variety of computer software such as Windows Office, Johnson Controls MetaSys, Seamens Apogee, and other BMS systems software, TeamOps III, etc.
- Generate special Life Safety and Environment of Care Work orders to track deficiencies.
- Coordinate emergency response of Facility personnel and contact additional personnel when required.
- Monitor Elevator operation including entrapment status and coordinate Elevator Service Technician’s efforts.
- Direct Pneumatic Tube System alarms to appropriate repair personnel.
- Direct Nurse Call System problems to appropriate staff personnel.
- Serves as a Point-of-Contact for internal and external Fire Safety personnel.
- Coordinate the efforts with outside contractors during off hours.
- Performs other related duties.
- Minimum-High School Diploma
- Associates Degree is preferred or equivalent
- 2 to 3 years of customer service desk experience or other customer service related experience
- Moderate Data Entry skills
- Ability to use various computer based software programs including Microsoft Office, Customer Service Software and BMS Software.
- Strong knowledge of Customer Service Desk Operations.
- Strong verbal communication skills in person and over an array of electronic devices.
- The ability to work in a challenged environment.
May have contact with vendors, Fire Department, Utility Companies, and other facility related personnel.
Strength Through Diversity
The Mount Sinai Health System believes that diversity and inclusion is a driver for excellence. We share a common devotion to delivering exceptional patient care. Yet we’re as diverse as the city we call home- culturally, ethically, in outlook and lifestyle. When you join us, you become a part of Mount Sinai’s unrivaled record of achievement, education and advancement as we revolutionize healthcare delivery together.
We work hard to recruit and retain the best people, and to create a welcoming, nurturing work environment where you have the opportunity and support to develop professionally. We share the belief that all employees, regardless of job title or expertise, have an impact on quality patient care.
Explore more about this opportunity and how you can help us write a new chapter in our story!
Who We Are
Over 38,000 employees strong, the mission of the Mount Sinai Health System is to provide compassionate patient care with seamless coordination and to advance medicine through unrivaled education, research, and outreach in the many diverse communities we serve.
Formed in September 2013, The Mount Sinai Health System combines the excellence of the Icahn School of Medicine at Mount Sinai with seven premier hospitals, including Mount Sinai Beth Israel, Mount Sinai Brooklyn, The Mount Sinai Hospital, Mount Sinai Queens, Mount Sinai West (formerly Mount Sinai Roosevelt), Mount Sinai St. Luke’s, and New York Eye and Ear Infirmary of Mount Sinai.
The Mount Sinai Health System is an equal opportunity employer. We promote recognition and respect for individual and cultural differences, and we work to make our employees feel valued and appreciated, whatever their race, gender, background, or sexual orientation.