Strength Through Diversity
Ground breaking science. Advancing medicine. Healing made personal.
- The lab of Daniela Sia, PhD is seeking a highly motivated postdoc fellow (PhD, MD/PhD or equivalent) experienced in molecular biology, liver cell biology, or other relevant areas to participate in translational research projects aimed at elucidating the molecular pathogenesis of hepatobiliary cancers. Research projects may involve, but are not limited to: 1) analysis of the tumor microenvironment of hepatobiliary cancers by applying cutting edge technologies such as single cell sequencing and mass cytometry for single cell resolution; 2) generation of novel animal models of the disease; and 3) therapeutic targets discovery via high-throughput screening in sophisticated in vitro systems. The candidate will work within a multidisciplinary team of basic biologists, physician scientists, computational biologists, and clinicians at the Icahn School of Medicine at Mt Sinai in the Division of Liver Diseases. The candidate will have opportunities of scientific publications and presentations.
- • Recent PhD degree in molecular oncology, biology, biotechnology, or related field;
• Expertise in molecular biology techniques and animal handling;
• Ability to work independently and in a collaborative team;
• Strong interpersonal skills and a track record of collaborative work in multidisciplinary research environment;
• Advanced level in written and spoken English;
Desired previous experience:
Experience in the following topics will be considered:
1. Cancer research;
2. Animal modeling of human cancer;
3. Molecular biology;
4. Experience in genomics and analysis of high-throughput data is a plus but not a requirement.
Duration: The contract agreement may be for an indefinite period or for a specific period of time.
Interested applicants should send the following materials in an application packet, preferably as a single PDF file, by email to Prof. Daniela Sia ():
- Cover letter indicating current and future research interests;
- Expected start date;
- CV (including list of publications and skills);
- Names and contact information for at least 2 references.