Strength Through Diversity
Ground breaking science. Advancing medicine. Healing made personal.
The Medical Student Affairs Program/Front Desk Assistant is the initial point of contact in Office for Medical Student Affairs and Graduate Student Affairs. This position helps to ensure that visitors and callers have a positive experience during their interaction with the department. The successful candidate will be friendly and welcoming, yet able to maintain an orderly office setting and be aware of all departmental events.
The position reports to the Assistant Director for Medical Student Affairs in the Department of Medical Education, but will need to develop an understanding of both the Medical School and Graduate School’s organizational structure. Specific duties are outlined below.
- Greet and direct visitors.
- Answer phones, screen and direct callers.
- Respond to inquiries and correspondence from internal and external entities.
- Check the Medical Student Affairs email and respond to student inquiries. Forward emails directly to the appropriate person if necessary.
- Schedule and maintain multiple calendars for swing office space, conference rooms and training room.
- Keep inventory of stock and order office supplies.
- Assist with meeting and event coordination, including booking institutional space, catering, and table/chair requests.
- Support and participate in all educational events, including orientation, graduation, and various events.
- Assist with tracking processes for students related to: absence requests, grades tracking, compliance, and academic status.
- Assist with special projects for the Assistant Director and Senior Associate Dean for Medical Student Affairs, as needed.
- Performs other related duties.
- Associate’s Degree or related experience
- Minimum two years of Administrative Experience.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills; Friendly demeanor.
- Excellent organizational skills.
- Exceptional attention to detail and accuracy.
- Proficiency in Microsoft office suite.