Strength Through Diversity
Ground breaking science. Advancing medicine. Healing made personal.
Roles & Responsibilities:
- The Feng Lab at BMEII (Biomedical Engineering and Imaging Institute) focuses on development of novel imaging techniques for rapid and motion-robust quantitative MRI. More specifically, we aim to develop new MRI techniques that allow the acquisition of diverse and comprehensive quantitative information in a single, rapid and continuous stream, and this will be achieved by bringing to bear state-or-the-art tools in mathematics, physics, and engineering.
The job responsibilities of the Postdoctoral Fellow will include:
1. To develop new deep learning-based tools for rapid MRI, image reconstruction, motion management, and quantitative imaging.
2. To further extend our existing rapid MRI methods to more clinical imaging applications, including body, cardiovascular and neuro imaging. This will be based on the techniques we have developed during the past several years.
3. To help with the development of new non-Cartesian (e.g., spiral, propeller) imaging techniques for new clinical applications such as diffusion MRI or pediatric MRI.
4. To support image analysis and processing the acquired datasets using deep learning approaches.
5. To disseminate research findings through publications in high-impact journals and conferences proceedings.
- 1. A PhD degree in Biomedical Engineering, Physics, Biomedical Imaging or a related field.
2. Good experiences in non-Cartesian MRI and iterative constrained reconstruction (e.g., compressed sensing or low-rank).
3. Prior experiences in deep learning is strongly preferred.
4. Strong programming skills in both MATLAB and Python.
5. Good track record of publication and research experience in MRI, and in particularly, the area of rapid MRI.
6. Good written and verbal communication skills
Strength Through Diversity
The Mount Sinai Health System believes that diversity and inclusion is a driver for excellence. We share a common devotion to delivering exceptional patient care. Yet we’re as diverse as the city we call home- culturally, ethically, in outlook and lifestyle. When you join us, you become a part of Mount Sinai’s unrivaled record of achievement, education and advancement as we revolutionize healthcare delivery together.
We work hard to recruit and retain the best people, and to create a welcoming, nurturing work environment where you have the opportunity and support to develop professionally. We share the belief that all employees, regardless of job title or expertise, have an impact on quality patient care.
Explore more about this opportunity and how you can help us write a new chapter in our story!
Who We Are
Over 38,000 employees strong, the mission of the Mount Sinai Health System is to provide compassionate patient care with seamless coordination and to advance medicine through unrivaled education, research, and outreach in the many diverse communities we serve.
Formed in September 2013, The Mount Sinai Health System combines the excellence of the Icahn School of Medicine at Mount Sinai with seven premier hospitals, including Mount Sinai Beth Israel, Mount Sinai Brooklyn, The Mount Sinai Hospital, Mount Sinai Queens, Mount Sinai West (formerly Mount Sinai Roosevelt), Mount Sinai St. Luke’s, and New York Eye and Ear Infirmary of Mount Sinai.
The Mount Sinai Health System is an equal opportunity employer. We comply with applicable Federal civil rights laws and does not discriminate, exclude, or treat people differently on the basis of race, color, national origin, age, religion, disability, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, or gender expression.