Strength Through Diversity
Ground breaking science. Advancing medicine. Healing made personal.
Roles & Responsibilities:
- Highly motivated postdoctoral scientist is needed to join the Drug Discovery and Development initiative at the Seaver Autism Center. The Center has several ongoing programs aimed at modeling of monogenic autism spectrum disorder. The focus on postdoctoral project will be development and characterization of induced pluripotent stem cell (iPSC) models of ASD to support drug discovery efforts including medium and high throughput screening. The project will entail experimental work at the Seaver Center as well as collaborations with external academic and commercial partners.
Specific responsibilities include:
• iPSC generation and maintenance
• Neuronal cell differentiation and phenotyping
• Data collection and analysis
• Manuscript preparation
• Contribute to collaborations with external partners
• Perform other related duties
- Ph.D. or equivalent in Neuroscience, Neurobiology or a related discipline
Experience in cellular neuroscience, cell culture, iPSC reprogramming and differentiation
• Experience in gene expression manipulation e.g. cell transfection, viral transduction, shRNAs, CRISP-Cas9 gene editing, etc.
• Experience in standard molecular biology techniques
• Project management experience preferred but not required
Strength Through Diversity
The Mount Sinai Health System believes that diversity and inclusion is a driver for excellence. We share a common devotion to delivering exceptional patient care. Yet we’re as diverse as the city we call home- culturally, ethically, in outlook and lifestyle. When you join us, you become a part of Mount Sinai’s unrivaled record of achievement, education and advancement as we revolutionize healthcare delivery together.
We work hard to recruit and retain the best people, and to create a welcoming, nurturing work environment where you have the opportunity and support to develop professionally. We share the belief that all employees, regardless of job title or expertise, have an impact on quality patient care.
Explore more about this opportunity and how you can help us write a new chapter in our story!
Who We Are
Over 38,000 employees strong, the mission of the Mount Sinai Health System is to provide compassionate patient care with seamless coordination and to advance medicine through unrivaled education, research, and outreach in the many diverse communities we serve.
Formed in September 2013, The Mount Sinai Health System combines the excellence of the Icahn School of Medicine at Mount Sinai with seven premier hospitals, including Mount Sinai Beth Israel, Mount Sinai Brooklyn, The Mount Sinai Hospital, Mount Sinai Queens, Mount Sinai West (formerly Mount Sinai Roosevelt), Mount Sinai St. Luke’s, and New York Eye and Ear Infirmary of Mount Sinai.
The Mount Sinai Health System is an equal opportunity employer. We promote recognition and respect for individual and cultural differences, and we work to make our employees feel valued and appreciated, whatever their race, gender, background, or sexual orientation.