Strength Through Diversity
Ground breaking science. Advancing medicine. Healing made personal.
Job Title: Associate IT Director - Website Development
The Associate IT Director of Website Development is a member of the Digital Marketing team within the corporate Department of Marketing and Communications. The Associate IT Director is responsible for planning, directing and coordinating the operations of all Mount Sinai Health System external-facing marketing websites. Plan, develop, troubleshoot, enhance and maintain systems, procedures and applications for operating efficiency. Manage staff for optimum performance.
- Manages a team of software developers to analyze, design, code and support software solutions including; existing content management systems, web applications, mobile applications and digital products in support of Mount Sinai’s overall digital strategy.
- Is responsible for all aspects of web, mobile and digital application design, system architecture and software development.
- Partner with Health System stakeholders to understand current product and technology limitations, recommend viable alternatives and deliver solutions that ensure business needs are met
- Lead the analysis, coding and operational support of critical web, mobile and digital applications working with internal and external technology partners
- Define and enforce proper software development process, operational procedures and coding standards
- Lead the maintenance, operational support and daily administration of critical production servers and customer facing applications
- Manages information technology staff by communicating job expectations; planning, monitoring, and appraising job results; coaching, counseling, and disciplining employees; initiating, coordinating, and enforcing systems, policies, and procedures.
- Manage development of end user requirements, system design, project plans, staffing requirements and milestones for system enhancements and development.
- Maintains effectiveness and efficiency by delivering and supporting strategic plans for implementing information technologies.
- Recommends information technology strategies, policies, and procedures by evaluating organization outcomes; identifying problems; evaluating trends; anticipating requirements.
- Manage development of enhancement and develop specifications for programming by internal/external resources.
- Manage all aspects of system(s) maintenance including: software upgrades, database maintenance, end user support, trouble shooting, auditing systems and problem solving.
- Maintains areas of responsibility’s effectiveness and efficiency by reporting to upper management any performance concerns, defining problems or challenges and unique solutions to problems. Participates in short and long term plans.
- Ensures that staff adheres to compliance requirements of the department and/or organization and directs confirmation of this compliance be maintained in the employees files.
- Performs other related duties
- Bachelor’s Degree in business, computer science or related field.
- 8 years in the information technology field or its equivalent.
- 8+ years’ experience with object-oriented analysis, design and modern development frameworks
- 8+ years’ experience with standard software development toolsets: standard development process –including Agile, source code control, branching, tagging, packaging and software releases
- 5+ years’ experience managing staff
- 5+ years’ experience with enterprise Content Management Systems including Vignette or equivalent
- 5+ years’ experience with server tier technologies such as Spring/Hibernate/Struts hosted on proven application servers including WebLogic, JBoss and Tomcat
- 5+ years’ experience with presentation tier technologies using web frameworks and rich client technologies
- Experience with JIRA and Atlassian technologies
- Experience with LAMP technologies including Wordpress, a plus
- Strong hands on web software development, system administration, application support, database and reporting skills.
- Strong judgment and leadership skills. The ability to drive decisions through consensus, superior ideas, teamwork and effective conflict resolution.