Strength Through Diversity
Ground breaking science. Advancing medicine. Healing made personal.
Responsible for the supervision and coordination of administrative and general office activities, consistent with departmental objectives, administrative policies and practices. Provides direct supervision for administrative and office support staff such as secretarial/administrative assistants, medical assistants, schedulers, data management and medical records staff. Ensures successful delivery of support services within the department or unit, including, but not limited to: human resources activity, payroll, purchasing and budgetary participation.
Roles & Responsibilities:
- Plans and schedules work for staff to ensure proper distribution of assignments and adequate staffing, space and facilities for subsequent performance of duties
- Ensures adequate staffing for unexpected/emergency coverage
- Provides work direction, guidance, coaching and training for staff
- Establishes, reviews and revises work processes and procedures to ensure efficient and effective administrative activities
- Makes recommendations regarding fiscal and staffing requirements of the unit to assist in the preparation of budgetary recommendations
- Compiles information reflecting expenditures and develops comparisons
- Assists in the development of new methods, procedures and/or processes to increase efficiency and to improve service deliver, production, equipment performance, scheduling and quality control
- Establishes and maintains liaison with other departments or units, as well as within own department, to ensure effective coordination of work activities
- Fosters an environment of open communication and team work in support of the department and organization’s goals and objectives
- Ensures compliance with department and organizational policies and procedures
- Supervises and coordinates various personnel activities including, but not limited to: hiring, performance appraisals, training, disciplining and making salary increase recommendations
- Performs other related duties
- Education: Associate’s degree or equivalent work experience. Bachelor’s degree preferred
- Experience: 3 years of directly related experience. 1 year in a supervisory role preferred
- Excellent verbal, written and interpersonal skills
- Demonstrated analytical and problem solving skills
- Excellent organizational skills
- Supervisory skills
Strength Through Diversity
The Mount Sinai Health System believes that diversity is a driver for excellence. We share a common devotion to delivering exceptional patient care. Yet we’re as diverse as the city we call home- culturally, ethically, in outlook and lifestyle. When you join us, you become a part of Mount Sinai’s unrivaled record of achievement, education and advancement as we revolutionize medicine together.
We work hard to acquire and retain the best people, and to create a welcoming, nurturing work environment where you can develop professionally. We share the belief that all employees, regardless of job title or expertise, can make an impact on quality patient care.
Explore more about this opportunity and how you can help us write a new chapter in our story!
Who We Are
Over 38,000 employees strong, the mission of the Mount Sinai Health System is to provide compassionate patient care with seamless coordination and to advance medicine through unrivaled education, research, and outreach in the many diverse communities we serve.
Formed in September 2013, The Mount Sinai Health System combines the excellence of the Icahn School of Medicine at Mount Sinai with seven premier hospital campuses, including Mount Sinai Beth Israel, Mount Sinai Beth Israel Brooklyn, The Mount Sinai Hospital, Mount Sinai Queens, Mount Sinai West (formerly Mount Sinai Roosevelt), Mount Sinai St. Luke’s, and New York Eye and Ear Infirmary of Mount Sinai.
The Mount Sinai Health System is an equal opportunity employer. We comply with applicable Federal civil rights laws and does not discriminate, exclude, or treat people differently on the basis of race, color, national origin, age, religion, disability, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, or gender expression.