Strength Through Diversity
Ground breaking science. Advancing medicine. Healing made personal.
Dept Name-Tisch Cancer Institute Dept of Hematology/Oncology REQ # 2564628
Job Title: Regulatory Compliance Coordinator
A Regulatory Compliance Coordinator position is currently available within the Tisch Cancer Institute. The incumbent will work with investigators and the Cancer Clinical Trials Office (CCTO) infrastructure to manage cancer clinical trials for the division. Duties include, but are not limited to, management of clinical studies through the regulatory portion of the trial submission process, ensuring regulatory integrity of assigned clinical trials from approval to closure, develop new clinical trials and act as the main contact during the protocol development phase, correspond with the reviewing committees and personnel, assist in budget development by identifying research non-billables, and coordinate start-up meetings for new protocols. The position will report into the Manager of Regulatory
Individuals should be comfortable with working in a team environment and will be expected to work collaboratively with investigators and administration. Cancer protocols include industry-sponsored, consortium, NCI projects, and investigator-initiated studies.
The Tisch Cancer Institute is a vital component of the Mount Sinai Health System, which is one of the largest health care systems in the nation. We are a National Cancer Institute (NCI)-designated center and provide a multidisciplinary approach to cancer treatments and clinical breakthroughs that may one day put an end to cancer.
The primary mission of the CCTO is to assist The Tisch Cancer Institute investigators in the development, conduct, and reporting of innovative clinical research in an efficient, compliant, and scientifically sound manner. The CCTO is composed of regulatory, financial, clinical, study management, compliance, and data management personnel that support investigators and provide uniformity and consistency in clinical research. The CCTO provides management and oversight functions for coordinating, facilitating, and reporting cancer clinical trials.
1. Protocol development: Assist multi-disciplinary group of hematology/oncology Principal Invetigators and researchers with development of investigator-initiated clinical trial protocols. Must understand complex scientific terminology and local, state, and federal regulatory requirements. Create informed consent forms, case report forms, and additional study documents, as needed per protocol.
2. Develops and/or revises regulatory standard operating policies and procedures.
3. Submits protocol applications for IRB review in a timely manner; tracks new protocols through the internal study start-up committee system to approval and activation, including responding to committees’ inquiries for clarification.
4. Gathers clinical and safety data needed to prepare and process applications for IRB annual renewal review and approval.
5. Collaborates with the Principal Investigator (PI) in completion of required regulatory documents including, but not limited to: Conflict of Interest forms, delegation of authority logs, legal agreements, investigational pharmacy forms, serious adverse event forms, etc.
6. Collabortaes with the Clinical Trials Manager in developing and ensuring clinical trial regulatory complaince.
7. Coordinates communication with investigators and members of the research team to aid in study development and oversight throughout the life-cycle of clinical trial.
8. Participate in Clinical Trial Feasibility, Site Selection Process, and the Site Initiation Visit, which includes conducting interviews with scientists, doctors and academics and others in a network of industry experts.
9. Submits Investigational New Drug (IND) Applications and obtains approval from the Food and Drug Administration (FDA) for investigator-initiated clinical trials. Acts as primary contact for all FDA communication, including submission of serious adverse events, amendments, annual reports, and other submissions as required.
10. Collaborates with the Financial Manager on the development of the study budget (as needed); identifies billable versus research non-billable procedures.
11. Updates and maintains records of clinical trial status on clinicaltrials.gov website as mandated by FDA and National Institutes of Health (NIH). Analyzes moderate to complex clinical research data related to oncology, immunology, microbiology, etc; Assists in interpreting clinical research data used in scientific publication. Must have strong science background.
12. Coordinates research team communication, including: notification of clinical trial activation, enrollment closures, protocol amendments, and final study closures. Distributes regulatory documents throughout the life-cycle of clinical trial.,
13. Ensures proper regulatory compliance in accordance with sponsoring agency requirements. Maintains study specific regulatory binder(s).
14. Works with auditors and auditory committees to assess trial compliance and related issues.
15. Able to read and understand scientific pre-clinical and clinical data applied to the conduct of clinical trials.
16. Acts as liaison between research team and sponsor for important clinical trial notices, updates, and monitoring visits. Mentors and trains less experienced research staff including Clinical Research Coordinators and Data Analysts.
17. Performs other related duties as asisgned.
· Bachelor’s Degree required, Master’s degree preferred, preferably in Science or Health Policy.
· A minimum of 3 years of research experience in Regulatory Affairs, Clinical Affairs or Quality Assurance with knowledge of Phase I-IV clinical studies and data management aspects of clinical research.
· Working knowledge of Good Clinical Practice guidelines and Code of Federal regulations.
· Oncology experience required; some medical knowledge preferred.
Skills & Abilities:
· Excellent written and oral communication skills
· Ability to foster smooth communications and teamwork among clinical research faculty, fellows and staff as well as external sites and organizations (sponsors and contract research organizations).
· Analytical skills for problem solving; attention to detail and accuracy.
· Demonstrate strong organizational skills; ability to manage multiple tasks & priorities.
· Solid experience in using MC Office programs and software including Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Outlook
Strength Through Diversity
The Mount Sinai Health System believes that diversity is a driver for excellence. We share a common devotion to delivering exceptional patient care. Yet we’re as diverse as the city we call home- culturally, ethically, in outlook and lifestyle. When you join us, you become a part of Mount Sinai’s unrivaled record of achievement, education and advancement as we revolutionize medicine together.
We work hard to acquire and retain the best people, and to create a welcoming, nurturing work environment where you can develop professionally. We share the belief that all employees, regardless of job title or expertise, can make an impact on quality patient care.
Explore more about this opportunity and how you can help us write a new chapter in our story!
Who We Are
Over 38,000 employees strong, the mission of the Mount Sinai Health System is to provide compassionate patient care with seamless coordination and to advance medicine through unrivaled education, research, and outreach in the many diverse communities we serve.
Formed in September 2013, The Mount Sinai Health System combines the excellence of the Icahn School of Medicine at Mount Sinai with seven premier hospital campuses, including Mount Sinai Beth Israel, Mount Sinai Beth Israel Brooklyn, The Mount Sinai Hospital, Mount Sinai Queens, Mount Sinai West (formerly Mount Sinai Roosevelt), Mount Sinai St. Luke’s, and New York Eye and Ear Infirmary of Mount Sinai.
The Mount Sinai Health System is an equal opportunity employer. We promote recognition and respect for individual and cultural differences, and we work to make our employees feel valued and appreciated, whatever their race, gender, background, or sexual orientation.