Strength Through Diversity
Ground breaking science. Advancing medicine. Healing made personal.
Management Analyst II provides advanced analytical and project management support to the Tisch Cancer Institute. Duties include data review and management, analysis and forecasting, as well as generating reports. The Analyst will also be asked to suggest improvements to systems to assist senior level management in operating more efficiently and effectively. Other responsibilities include supporting and coordinating programmatic meetings and events. The individual will report into the Research Administration Director.
The Tisch Cancer Institute is a vital component of the Icahn School of Medicine at Mount Sinai Hospital and plays a key role in the Mount Sinai Health System, which is one of the largest health care systems in the nation. We are a National Cancer Institute (NCI)-designated center and provide a multidisciplinary approach to cancer treatments and clinical breakthroughs that may one day put an end to cancer.
- Takes a lead role in gathering, preparing, and reconciling basic to moderately complex organizational data and information. Provides accurate information to management for review, analysis and decision making.
- Updates monthly metrics and reports trends; prepares monthly or quarterly reports and presentations as required.
- Maintain data quality and data consolidation
- Manage ongoing projects, including monitoring project timelines and creating processes to ensure goals are met.
- Analyze gathered data and communicate project updates
- Track project budgets and monitor project expenses
- Documents current operations and provides recommendations on new procedures and methods for management
- Support key annual strategic events, as well as monthly programmatic meetings to help advance the Cancer Institute’s mission
- Manage other special projects as required
- Bachelor’s degree required; Master’s Degree preferred, preferably in Business Administration or related field.
- 3+ years’ experience in a related field.
- MS Office Suite (advanced)
- Exceptional attention to detail and accuracy.
- Ability to manage multiple tasks & priorities.
Skills and Abilities:
- Adaptability: Maintains effectiveness when experiencing major changes in work responsibilities or environment; adjusts effectively to work within new work structures, processes, requirements, or cultures.
- Communication: Clearly conveys information and ideas through a variety of media to individuals or groups in a manner that engages the audience and helps them understand and retain the message.
- Contributes to Team Success: Actively participates as a member of a team to move the team toward the completion of goals.
- Initiates Action: Takes prompt action to accomplish objectives; takes action to achieve goals beyond what is required; is proactive.
- Manages Work (includes Time Management: Effectively manages one’s time and resources to ensure that work is completed efficiently.
- Stress Tolerance: Maintains stable performance under pressure or opposition (such as time pressure or job ambiguity); handles stress in a manner that is acceptable to others and to the organization.