Strength Through Diversity
Ground breaking science. Advancing medicine. Healing made personal.
The Director of Research Administration will have overall strategic and operational management responsibilities for the Center of Interventional Cardiovascular Research and Clinical Trials at Mount Sinai. The Director is responsible for cultivating and overseeing the global clinical trial strategy for the Center, leading the execution of trials with a focus on commitment to quality and compliance. Strategic oversight responsibilities include strategic and business planning, new business cultivation, internal and external partnership cultivation. Operational oversight includes staff management, management of the Center’s growing portfolio of clinical trials and database studies, capacity planning, and execution of the center’s mission. As a core member of the leadership team, s/he will facilitate the organization’s vision with focus on its programs, operations, and business plans in order to position the Center for continued growth.
Roles & Responsibilities:
- Assures the department has a long-range operational strategy to achieve its mission, with executable milestones towards consistent and timely progress
- Helps set strategic direction for domestic and global clinical research studies
- Ensures ongoing programmatic excellence, rigorous program evaluation, and consistent quality of finance and administration, cross-functional communications, and systems; recommends timelines and resources needed to achieve strategic goals
- Establishes sound relationships with the Mount Sinai cardiovascular institute leadership and partners within and outside of the Mount Sinai Hospital system
- Fully informs leadership team of the financial and operational condition of the center and its influencing factors, and reports metrics and deliverables, including reports on performance to plan
- Provides leadership in developing program, organizational, and financial plans
- Assures maintenance of official records and documents to ensure compliance with federal, state and local regulations
- Maintains a working knowledge of significant developments and trends in the field
- Oversees recruitment and management of all paid staff and volunteers
- Actively promotes team-based collaboration, creating opportunities for team building and training
- Develops a platform for professional development of staff at all levels
- Oversees the performance review process and ensures regular performance evaluations are held consistent with requisite human resource practices
- Manages staffing resources in accordance with project pipeline
- Actively networks within and outside of the institution, serving as a key representative leader for the Center in the development and promotion of partnership and new business opportunities
- Working closely with the leadership team, actively pursues and facilitates new business strategies and grant applications including NIH and industry support of both sponsor- and investigator-initiated studies
- Develops and supports trial recruitment strategies
- Oversees the clinical trials project management team and ensures operations are within approved budgets and timelines
- Provides oversight in the development and implementation of SOPs for clinical trials and related activities and monitors adherence to same
- Provides oversight of selection and implementation of clinical research software and database systems
- Ensures compliance with all applicable regulatory standards and guidelines related to global clinical trials including interactions with study investigators
- Interfaces with departments within and outside of the Mount Sinai Hospital System including but not limited to: Reimbursement, R&D, and Regulatory Affairs
- Manages and collaborates with outside partners, service
providers, and vendors
- Education: Bachelor’s degree required
- Experience: Minimum of 10 years of successful and progressive management experience in clinical research environment
- Deep knowledge of clinical research with experience in cardiology preferred
- Strong business background of building and sustaining new revenue streams
- Proven track record in building and sustaining teams
- Demonstrated ability to manage and collaborate with staff
- Sound knowledge of clinical research, sponsored and investigator initiated, including FDA and regulatory guidelines
- Strong writing and presentation skills
Strength Through Diversity
The Mount Sinai Health System believes that diversity and inclusion is a driver for excellence. We share a common devotion to delivering exceptional patient care. Yet we’re as diverse as the city we call home- culturally, ethically, in outlook and lifestyle. When you join us, you become a part of Mount Sinai’s unrivaled record of achievement, education and advancement as we revolutionize healthcare delivery together.
We work hard to recruit and retain the best people, and to create a welcoming, nurturing work environment where you have the opportunity and support to develop professionally. We share the belief that all employees, regardless of job title or expertise, have an impact on quality patient care.
Explore more about this opportunity and how you can help us write a new chapter in our story!
Over 38,000 employees strong, the mission of the Mount Sinai Health System is to provide compassionate patient care with seamless coordination and to advance medicine through unrivaled education, research, and outreach in the many diverse communities we serve.
Formed in September 2013, The Mount Sinai Health System combines the excellence of the Icahn School of Medicine at Mount Sinai with seven premier hospitals, including Mount Sinai Beth Israel, Mount Sinai Brooklyn, The Mount Sinai Hospital, Mount Sinai Queens, Mount Sinai West (formerly Mount Sinai Roosevelt), Mount Sinai St. Luke’s, and New York Eye and Ear Infirmary of Mount Sinai.
The Mount Sinai Health System is an equal opportunity employer. We promote recognition and respect for individual and cultural differences, and we work to make our employees feel valued and appreciated, whatever their race, gender, background, or sexual orientation.