Ground breaking science. Advancing medicine. Healing made personal.
Manages the daily operations of the animal facility, works to expand and improve operations, and ensures that animal activities are in line with institutional research efforts.
Roles & Responsibilities:
- Manage the daily operations of the animal facility.
- Oversee all animal activities ensuring they are in line with research efforts
- Manage planning and development for new animal facilities and expansion of current services
- Prepare reports and keeps upper level management informed of progress and problems
- Supervise veterinary technical staff to ensure that the staff is performing tasks professionally, responsibly and effectively
- Promptly address insufficiencies among staff
- Perform duties of vet techs as necessary to
maintain efficient operations
- Education: Bachelor's degree preferred
- Experience: 7 years of related experience
Strength Through Diversity
The Mount Sinai Health System believes that diversity and inclusion is a driver for excellence. We share a common devotion to delivering exceptional patient care. Yet we’re as diverse as the city we call home- culturally, ethically, in outlook and lifestyle. When you join us, you become a part of Mount Sinai’s unrivaled record of achievement, education and advancement as we revolutionize healthcare delivery together.
We work hard to recruit and retain the best people, and to create a welcoming, nurturing work environment where you have the opportunity and support to develop professionally. We share the belief that all employees, regardless of job title or expertise, have an impact on quality patient care.
Explore more about this opportunity and how you can help us write a new chapter in our story!
Over 38,000 employees strong, the mission of the Mount Sinai Health System is to provide compassionate patient care with seamless coordination and to advance medicine through unrivaled education, research, and outreach in the many diverse communities we serve.
Formed in September 2013, The Mount Sinai Health System combines the excellence of the Icahn School of Medicine at Mount Sinai with seven premier hospitals, including Mount Sinai Beth Israel, Mount Sinai Brooklyn, The Mount Sinai Hospital, Mount Sinai Queens, Mount Sinai West (formerly Mount Sinai Roosevelt), Mount Sinai St. Luke’s, and New York Eye and Ear Infirmary of Mount Sinai.
The Mount Sinai Health System is an equal opportunity employer. We promote recognition and respect for individual and cultural differences, and we work to make our employees feel valued and appreciated, whatever their race, gender, background, or sexual orientation.