Strength Through Diversity
Ground breaking science. Advancing medicine. Healing made personal.
Strategic Operations and Implementation- Req #2564818
Manager RN- Clinical Resource Utilization
Mount Sinai Health System is committed to its vision of a data-driven organization. The Enterprise Reporting team brings together technology and healthcare business knowledge to make that vision a reality.
The Manager for Clinical Resource Utilization will be a member of a team of business and financial analysts responsible for developing and maintaining resource utilization reports for Mount Sinai Health System, work with clinical leadership to identify appropriate opportunities, as well as provide reports and analytics for Mount Sinai Health System leadership, faculty and staff. The goal is to create a more streamlined, efficient, and sustainable reporting environment which supports and reflects the business needs of the organization.
- Utilizes hospital databases to compile, interpret and create reports from utilization, financial and cost data.
- Primary point of contact for the Clinical Quality Dashboard (CQD) for MSHS.
- Understands key concepts of managed care payor and government payor revenue contract modeling.
- Maintains various financial models used to support decision making.
- Understands key concepts of cost accounting and risk-adjustment methodologies.
- Analyzes and understands clinical, market and operational data, recognizing variances and trends in utilization.
- Effectively communicates with various departments to gather and understand the information. necessary to successfully complete data requests and projects.
- Supervises analysts developing reports and scorecards.
- Audits data for possible problems, communicates any found issues to the rest of the team and trouble shoots to remedy.
- Works through problems in a timely manner.
- Works well on a team with other individuals.
- Trains other staff members.
- Four-year university degree in relevant business, technology or healthcare concentration or equivalent experience. Master’s degree preferred. RN license required
- Successful work performance demonstrating an ability to communicate effectively, partner with team and other divisions, use productive work methods, exercise sound judgment and display initiative and innovation on the job.
- Ability to summarize detailed data into an actionable recommendation for audiences of varying backgrounds.
- Experience in healthcare environment. Comfortable with clinical language and communicating with practitioners.
Strength Through Diversity
The Mount Sinai Health System believes that diversity is a driver for excellence. We share a common devotion to delivering exceptional patient care. Yet we’re as diverse as the city we call home- culturally, ethically, in outlook and lifestyle. When you join us, you become a part of Mount Sinai’s unrivaled record of achievement, education and advancement as we revolutionize medicine together.
We work hard to acquire and retain the best people, and to create a welcoming, nurturing work environment where you can develop professionally. We share the belief that all employees, regardless of job title or expertise, can make an impact on quality patient care.
Explore more about this opportunity and how you can help us write a new chapter in our story!
Who We Are
Over 38,000 employees strong, the mission of the Mount Sinai Health System is to provide compassionate patient care with seamless coordination and to advance medicine through unrivaled education, research, and outreach in the many diverse communities we serve.
Formed in September 2013, The Mount Sinai Health System combines the excellence of the Icahn School of Medicine at Mount Sinai with seven premier hospital campuses, including Mount Sinai Beth Israel, Mount Sinai Beth Israel Brooklyn, The Mount Sinai Hospital, Mount Sinai Queens, Mount Sinai West (formerly Mount Sinai Roosevelt), Mount Sinai St. Luke’s, and New York Eye and Ear Infirmary of Mount Sinai.
The Mount Sinai Health System is an equal opportunity employer. We promote recognition and respect for individual and cultural differences, and we work to make our employees feel valued and appreciated, whatever their race, gender, background, or sexual orientation.