Strength Through Diversity
Ground breaking science. Advancing medicine. Healing made personal.
The Corporate and Foundation Relations Development Officer will research and manage a portfolio of corporations and independent foundations to generate philanthropic support for institutional priorities. H/she will provide grants management services for the Corporate & Foundation Relations Department and will be chief stewardship officer for the Department as well, managing the reports calendar. The manager will work closely with and report to the Director of Corporate & Foundation Relations to cultivate, solicit, and steward institutional donors, and to track gift cultivation, solicitation, and stewardship activity of the department. The C&F Development Officer will have principal responsibility for Sinai Innovations corporate sponsorships development.
Roles & Responsibilities:
- Manage a portfolio of 50-60 corporate and foundation prospects and donors.
- Conduct prospect research for the portfolio, with institutional priorities at the forefront.
- Manage incoming research requests from faculty and colleagues; assist with grants paperwork and required documentation.
- Renew and solicit new corporate sponsorships annually for the Sinai Innovations program, reporting directly to the Dean for Innovation and his leadership team on this event.
- Manage the administrative aspects of gifts (gift agreements, fund numbers, payments, etc.), working closely with research and Finance departments to resolve.
- As part of the C&F team, develop an annual personal work plan with metrics to track effectiveness of individual corporate and foundation efforts. Attend monthly Major Gifts Meetings to report on activity.
- Engage in a variety of cultivation and outreach/education activities with corporations and foundations, including arranging site visits to Mount Sinai.
- Interact successfully with Mount Sinai faculty, administrative and finance staff, and with Development colleagues.
- Maintain thorough knowledge about research, education, patient care, and programmatic initiatives at the Mount Sinai Health System.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Bachelors’ Degree/ Education in Science and/or medicine a plus
- Three years fundraising or similar experience, such as experience in writing and editing, special events, public relations, marketing, or research.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office products and
- Raiser’s Edge Fundraising Database (training provided)
The Mount Sinai Health System believes that diversity is a driver for excellence. We share a common devotion to delivering exceptional patient care. Yet we’re as diverse as the city we call home- culturally, ethically, in outlook and lifestyle. When you join us, you become a part of Mount Sinai’s unrivaled record of achievement, education and advancement as we revolutionize medicine together.
We work hard to acquire and retain the best people, and to create a welcoming, nurturing work environment where you can develop professionally. We share the belief that all employees, regardless of job title or expertise, can make an impact on quality patient care.
Explore more about this opportunity and how you can help us write a new chapter in our story!
Over 38,000 employees strong, the mission of the Mount Sinai Health System is to provide compassionate patient care with seamless coordination and to advance medicine through unrivaled education, research, and outreach in the many diverse communities we serve.
Formed in September 2013, The Mount Sinai Health System combines the excellence of the Icahn School of Medicine at Mount Sinai with seven premier hospital campuses, including Mount Sinai Beth Israel, Mount Sinai Beth Israel Brooklyn, The Mount Sinai Hospital, Mount Sinai Queens, Mount Sinai West (formerly Mount Sinai Roosevelt), Mount Sinai St. Luke’s, and New York Eye and Ear Infirmary of Mount Sinai.
The Mount Sinai Health System is an equal opportunity employer. We promote recognition and respect for individual and cultural differences, and we work to make our employees feel valued and appreciated, whatever their race, gender, background, or sexual orientation.