Strength Through Diversity
Ground breaking science. Advancing medicine. Healing made personal.
This individual demonstrates strong statistical and biological programming proficiency with proven expertise in genomic analysis and advanced knowledge of analytical methodologies.
- Develop and lead a variety of bioinformatics analysis projects.
- Write custom scripts for analysis of genomic data derived from high-throughput techniques.
- Manage databases, conduct statistical and genomic analysis, and participate in the preparation of manuscripts and presentations.
- Collaborate with wet-bench biologists and work independently to analyze data derived from several types of projects using microarrays and high-throughput sequencing.
- Conducts analysis of microarray and high-throughput sequencing data, genome sequence analysis, experimental design and statistical analysis.
- Performs quality control and analysis.
- Other related duties as assigned.
- M.S. in Bioinformatics, Computer Sciences, Statistics or related discipline. PhD. in related field preferred.
- 4 years of experience in research environment, including 2 years, manipulating large biological data sets.
- Advanced knowledge of genetics and/or statistics analysis software and online resources. Experience in programming environments such as Matlab, R statistical package, BioConductor, Perl and C++.
- Good organization and communication skills, with demonstrated ability to productively work as a member of a team. Strong verbal and written communication skills in English are required. Experience analyzing high-throughput genomic data sets.