Strength Through Diversity
Ground breaking science. Advancing medicine. Healing made personal.
Dept-Tisch 015 REQ # 2569056
Job Title: Systems Analyst II
- The Systems Analyst II evaluates complex client area requirements and processes (e.g., new, enhancements or maintenance), prepares application system specifications, develops, tests and implements efficient, cost effective application solutions.
- Works with client management to identify and specify extremely complex business requirements and processes for diverse development platforms, computing environments (e.g., host based, distributed systems, client server), software, hardware, technologies and tools, etc.
- Researches and evaluates alternative solutions and recommends the most efficient and cost effective solution for the systems design.
- Formulates logical statements of business problems and devises, tests and implements efficient, cost effective application program solutions (e.g., codes and/or reuses existing code through the use of program development software alternatives and/or integrates purchased solutions).
- May give some direction and guidance to other Systems Analysts/Programmers.
- Prepares charts, tables and diagrams to assist in analyzing problems, utilizing various business, scientific, engineering and mathematical techniques.
- Analyzes existing system and programming logic to provide more efficient machine operations or to identify difficulties, and revises the logic and procedures involved as necessary.
- May act as a Project Leader.
- Provide assistance and training to lower level Analysts or Programmers.
- Performs related duties as assigned or requested.
- Bachelor degree in Computer Science or a related discipline preferred, or an equivalent combination of education and work experience.
- Five years of experience in systems analysis and application program development.
- Requires a broad knowledge of the client area’s functions and systems, and application program development technological alternatives. Requires experience with state of the art application development support software packages, proficiency in at least two higher level programming languages, some management capabilities, strong judgment and communication skills, and the ability to work effectively with client and IT management and staff.