Mount Sinai is one of the largest health systems in the U.S. with a strong reputation for quality of care (18th ranked academic medical center) and research/education (18th ranked medical school). We have ~40,000 employees working together each year to provide billions of dollars in high-quality care for millions of patients.
We are accelerating a transition to a business model focused on population health and customer value. Mount Sinai Health Partners (MSHP) is the team driving this transformation within Mount Sinai, 400+ people with expertise in clinical, contracting, finance, IT, analytics, operations, and product development. MSHP is a fast growing business unit within Mount Sinai and is looking for team members who:
· Are comfortable playing “up” and “down” as needed to accomplish business objectives
· Work productively amidst ambiguity
· Thrive in fast-paced work environment
· Seek to improve the status quo
· Are passionate about developing a true system of care
Within MSHP, the Commercialization Team was created to assemble Mount Sinai's clinical and population health assets into product offerings (e.g., care bundles, health centers, insurance products in partnership with health plans), and sell them to individuals and employers via multiple channels. We are looking for talented professionals to join this team with experience in strategy, product management, operations, sales and account management.
Each of these new product offerings will have important population health features including: (1) value-based pricing (2) a curated network of high-value physicians (3) optimized care pathways and related programs, and
(4) an enhanced patient experience.
Strategic Account Management
Education and Experience
Additional Skills and Qualities
The health care system has historically set a low bar for customer service and treating patients like consumers – earning itself some of the lowest customer satisfaction and Net Promoter Scores of any industry as a result.
We want to change all that. To earn the consumer’s trust and empower them in their own health, we are building a set of clinical and non-clinical services that empower patients and acknowledge them as a customer in the process.
MSHP seeks an Associate who will support the development and execution of strategies for the marketing, sales, and account management of our offerings to consumers/patients. Starting with our recently opened Health Center at Hudson Yards, these activities will include direct sales and marketing as well as potentially directly managing a book of business of consumer customers. This is a highly visible role with significant opportunities to engage with senior leadership across the Mount Sinai Health System and to represent Mount Sinai with key stakeholders externally.
· Support the development and execution of a strategy to market and sell our product offerings to consumers via multiple channels, including eventplanning and management, digital/social media marketing campaigns, and training of distribution channel partners.
· Support sales by assisting with researching addressable market, developing sales materials, conducting meetings & tours with prospects, and closing consumer opportunities.
· Support the growth and relationship management of consumer customers, by developing and executing strategies that maximize our customer’s return on investment.
· Support product development teams by gathering, distilling, and communicating feedback from both buyers and users of our offerings.
· Bachelor’s Degree required
· Minimum of 2 years of professional experience in the luxury consumer/retail industry; health care experience a plus but not arequirement
· Experience in marketing, sales, and/or account management, ideally toconsumers
· Experience in a fast paced, corporate and/or start up environment
· Excellent analytical problem solving skills
· Strong communication and presentation skills
· High ambition for career success
· Team player; values relationships with teammates
· Work productively amidst ambiguity and complexity
· Thrive in fast-paced, start-up work environment
· Willing/able to roll sleeves up in a “do it yourself” start-up environment
· Passionate to improve the status quo in health, developing a true system of health care