Mount Sinai is one of the largest health systems in the U.S. with a strong reputation for quality of care (18th ranked academic medical center) and research/education (18th ranked medical school). We have ~40,000 employees working together each year to provide billions of dollars in high-quality care for millions of patients.
We are accelerating a transition to a business model focused on population health and customer value. Mount Sinai Health Partners (MSHP) is the team driving this transformation within Mount Sinai, 400+ people with expertise in clinical, contracting, finance, IT, analytics, operations, and product development. MSHP is a fast growing business unit within Mount Sinai and is looking for team members who:
• Are comfortable playing “up” and “down” as needed to accomplish business objectives
• Work productively amidst ambiguity
• Thrive in fast-paced work environment
• Seek to improve the status quo
• Are passionate about developing a true system of care
Within MSHP, the Commercialization Team was created to assemble Mount Sinai's clinical and population health assets into product offerings (e.g., care bundles, health centers, insurance products in partnership with health plans), and sell them to individuals and employers via multiple channels. We are looking for talented professionals to join this team with experience in strategy, product management, operations, sales and account management.
Each of these new product offerings will have important population health features including: (1) value-based pricing (2) a curated network of high-value physicians (3) optimized care pathways and related programs, and (4) an enhanced patient experience.
The health care system has historically set a low bar for customer service and treating patients like consumers – earning itself some of the lowest customer satisfaction and Net Promoter Scores of any industry as a result.
We want to change all that. To earn the consumer’s trust and empower them in their own health, we are building a set of clinical and non-clinical services that empower patients and acknowledge them as a customer in the process.
MSHP seeks an Associate who will support the development and execution of strategies for the marketing, sales, and account management of our offerings to consumers/patients. Starting with our recently opened Health Center at Hudson Yards, these activities will include direct sales and marketing as well as potentially directly managing a book of business of consumer customers. This is a highly visible role with significant opportunities to engage with senior leadership across the Mount Sinai Health System and to represent Mount Sinai with key stakeholders externally.
· Support the development and execution of a strategy to market and sell our product offerings to consumers via multiple channels, including event planning and management, digital/social media marketing campaigns, and training of distribution channel partners.
· Support sales by assisting with researching addressable market, developing sales materials, conducting meetings & tours with prospects, and closing consumer opportunities.
Strategic Account Management
· Support the growth and relationship management of consumer customers, by developing and executing strategies that maximize our customer’s return on investment.
· Support product development teams by gathering, distilling, and communicating feedback from both buyers and users of our offerings.
Education and Experience
· Bachelor’s Degree required
· Minimum of 2 years of professional experience in the luxury consumer/retail industry; health care experience a plus but not a requirement
· Experience in marketing, sales, and/or account management, ideally to consumers
· Experience in a fast paced, corporate and/or start up environment
Additional Skills and Qualities
· Excellent analytical problem solving skills
· Strong communication and presentation skills
· High ambition for career success
· Team player; values relationships with teammates
· Work productively amidst ambiguity and complexity
· Thrive in fast-paced, start-up work environment
· Willing/able to roll sleeves up in a “do it yourself” start-up environment
· Passionate to improve the status quo in health, developing a true system of health care
Strength Through Diversity
Ground breaking science. Advancing medicine. Healing made personal.
The Mount Sinai Health System believes that diversity and inclusion is a driver for excellence. We share a common devotion to delivering exceptional patient care. Yet we’re as diverse as the city we call home- culturally, ethically, in outlook and lifestyle. When you join us, you become a part of Mount Sinai’s unrivaled record of achievement, education and advancement as we revolutionize healthcare delivery together.
We work hard to recruit and retain the best people, and to create a welcoming, nurturing work environment where you have the opportunity and support to develop professionally. We share the belief that all employees, regardless of job title or expertise, have an impact on quality patient care.
Explore more about this opportunity and how you can help us write a new chapter in our story!
Who We Are
The Mount Sinai Health System is New York City's largest integrated delivery system, encompassing eight hospitals, a leading medical school, and a vast network of ambulatory practices throughout the greater New York region. Formed in September 2013, The Mount Sinai Health System combines the excellence of the Icahn School of Medicine at Mount Sinai with seven premier hospitals, including Mount Sinai Beth Israel, Mount Sinai Brooklyn, The Mount Sinai Hospital, Mount Sinai Queens, Mount Sinai West (formerly Mount Sinai Roosevelt), Mount Sinai St. Luke’s, and New York Eye and Ear Infirmary of Mount Sinai.
Mount Sinai's vision is to produce the safest care, the highest quality, the highest satisfaction, the best access and the best value of any health system in the nation. Over 38,000 employees strong, the mission of the Mount Sinai Health System is to provide compassionate patient care with seamless coordination and to advance medicine through unrivaled education, research, and outreach in the many diverse communities we serve.
The Mount Sinai Health System is an equal opportunity employer. We promote recognition and respect for individual and cultural differences, and we work to make our employees feel valued and appreciated, whatever their race, gender, background, or sexual orientation.