Ground breaking science. Advancing medicine. Healing made personal.
The Financial Analyst I gathers financial information, analyzes that information and prepares reports, so that Administrators and other departmental leadership can make recommendations. These reports provide internal control over fiscal activity on operating, restricted fund and endowment accounts and other financial activities within the department.
Roles & Responsibilities:
- Assists with the regular preparation of reports, invoices and follow-up discussions with department administrators over actual variances from approved budgets
- Prepare billing invoices for grants, clinical trials, and other revenue
- Provide fluctuation analysis for keeping expenses paid, and revenue occurred and received
- Prepare and submit purchase orders, contracts, invoices, check requests, petty cash vouchers, travel requests and travel vouchers, fund transfers as necessary
- May ensure that grants, clinical trials and other revenue and expense driven projects are properly monitored and timely reports are prepared
- May prepare a transmittal of instructions for checks and cash which accompanies these instruments to the main cashier or Finance for deposit and credit to the appropriate account
- Performs other related duties
- Education: Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or an equivalent combination of education and experience
- Experience: 1-3 Years of experience in Finance
The Mount Sinai Health System believes that diversity is a driver for excellence. We share a common devotion to delivering exceptional patient care. Yet we’re as diverse as the city we call home- culturally, ethically, in outlook and lifestyle. When you join us, you become a part of Mount Sinai’s unrivaled record of achievement, education and advancement as we revolutionize medicine together.
We work hard to acquire and retain the best people, and to create a welcoming, nurturing work environment where you can develop professionally. We share the belief that all employees, regardless of job title or expertise, can make an impact on quality patient care.
Explore more about this opportunity and how you can help us write a new chapter in our story!
Over 38,000 employees strong, the mission of the Mount Sinai Health System is to provide compassionate patient care with seamless coordination and to advance medicine through unrivaled education, research, and outreach in the many diverse communities we serve.
Formed in September 2013, The Mount Sinai Health System combines the excellence of the Icahn School of Medicine at Mount Sinai with seven premier hospital campuses, including Mount Sinai Beth Israel, Mount Sinai Beth Israel Brooklyn, The Mount Sinai Hospital, Mount Sinai Queens, Mount Sinai West (formerly Mount Sinai Roosevelt), Mount Sinai St. Luke’s, and New York Eye and Ear Infirmary of Mount Sinai.
The Mount Sinai Health System is an equal opportunity employer. We promote recognition and respect for individual and cultural differences, and we work to make our employees feel valued and appreciated, whatever their race, gender, background, or sexual orientation.