The Mount Sinai Health System
Mount Sinai is one of the largest U.S. health systems with a strong reputation for quality of care and research. We have over 38,000 employees working together to provide billions of dollars in high-quality care each year for millions of patients.
We are accelerating a transition to a business model focused on population health management – our goal is to keep entire communities healthy and out of the hospital. Mount Sinai Health Partners (MSHP) is the team driving this transformation within Mount Sinai. The team includes 400+ employees with clinical, contracting, finance, IT, analytics, operations, and product development expertise dedicated to making Mount Sinai the best population health manager in New York.
MSHP is a fast growing business unit within Mount Sinai and is looking for team members who:
· Are comfortable “playing up” and “playing down” as needed to accomplish business objectives
· Work productively amidst ambiguity
· Thrive in fast-paced work environments
· Seek to improve the status quo
What We Offer
· Opportunity for advancement within MSHP team
· Opportunity to work directly with senior leaders from across the Mount Sinai Health System and external organizations
· Opportunity for mentorship from senior MSHP leaders
· Opportunity to be part of a forward-thinking team driving a system-wide transformation
· Opportunity to work at the forefront of innovation in healthcare
Within MSHP, we have created a Commercialization Team to assemble Mount Sinai's clinical and population health assets into product offerings (e.g., care bundles, worksite health centers, insurance products in partnership with health plans), and sell them to individuals and plan sponsors via multiple channels (e.g., exchanges, direct to employer, strategic health plan partnerships). We are looking for talented strategists, product managers, sales, and account management professionals for the Commercialization Team that are passionate about developing a true system of care that can create market- leading value for our customers, members, and patients.
The Team Coordinator will provide integral support to the leaders of the Customers’ team, a group within the Commercialization Team that is responsible for building and maintaining a variety of customer relationships. This multi-functional role requires the ability to provide administrative support to leadership while also supporting the various sales, marketing, and account management strategies for employers, unions, and individual consumers. Through project management and support activities, the Team Coordinator will build subject matter expertise in key market trends with potential to advance into new roles within the team. The Team Coordinator will build valuable relationships throughout MSHP and receive mentorship from senior MSHP leaders.
· Executive assistance – support team executives by managing calendars, coordinating meetings, coordinating travel, submitting expense reports, and overseeing governance process
· Sales/Marketing support – support the team’s ability to sell and retain business with customers via end to end coordination of customer meetings/events and sales/marketing activities
· Project management – partner closely with Customers’ Team leadership to manage specific projects critical to the advancement of the Commercialization strategy including business planning and budget
· Hiring and team development – support our leaders in attracting and developing the best team in the industry via candidate sourcing, onboarding, and coordination of team evaluations and training
· Performs other related duties
Education and Experience
· Bachelor’s degree required
· 2-3 years’ experience, preferably in healthcare
· Passion for health care as evidenced by academic pursuits and/or professional experience
Additional Skills and Qualities
· Experience in supporting senior executives in a fast paced, corporate environment
· Experience in project management
· Experience in event coordination, marketing or sales support
· Strong organizational skills and attention to detail
· Expertise in Microsoft Outlook, Word, Excel and PowerPoint
Strength Through Diversity
Ground breaking science. Advancing medicine. Healing made personal.
The Mount Sinai Health System believes that diversity and inclusion is a driver for excellence. We share a common devotion to delivering exceptional patient care. Yet we’re as diverse as the city we call home- culturally, ethically, in outlook and lifestyle. When you join us, you become a part of Mount Sinai’s unrivaled record of achievement, education and advancement as we revolutionize healthcare delivery together.
We work hard to recruit and retain the best people, and to create a welcoming, nurturing work environment where you have the opportunity and support to develop professionally. We share the belief that all employees, regardless of job title or expertise, have an impact on quality patient care.
Explore more about this opportunity and how you can help us write a new chapter in our story!
Who We Are
The Mount Sinai Health System is New York City's largest integrated delivery system, encompassing eight hospitals, a leading medical school, and a vast network of ambulatory practices throughout the greater New York region. Formed in September 2013, The Mount Sinai Health System combines the excellence of the Icahn School of Medicine at Mount Sinai with seven premier hospitals, including Mount Sinai Beth Israel, Mount Sinai Brooklyn, The Mount Sinai Hospital, Mount Sinai Queens, Mount Sinai West (formerly Mount Sinai Roosevelt), Mount Sinai St. Luke’s, and New York Eye and Ear Infirmary of Mount Sinai.
Mount Sinai's vision is to produce the safest care, the highest quality, the highest satisfaction, the best access and the best value of any health system in the nation. Over 38,000 employees strong, the mission of the Mount Sinai Health System is to provide compassionate patient care with seamless coordination and to advance medicine through unrivaled education, research, and outreach in the many diverse communities we serve.
The Mount Sinai Health System is an equal opportunity employer. We promote recognition and respect for individual and cultural differences, and we work to make our employees feel valued and appreciated, whatever their race, gender, background, or sexual orientation.