Strength Through Diversity
Ground breaking science. Advancing medicine. Healing made personal.
Epic - Req #2570322
Revenue Cycle Application Analyst III
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Successfully achieves certification in Epic Resolute as determined by the Epic Course Catalog.
- Demonstrate understanding of billing workflows and business operational functions and objectives.
- Works with client management to identify and specify complex business requirements and processes (e.g., diverse development platforms, software, hardware, technologies and tools, etc.).
- Ability to expertly collect and transform business requirements into system functionality
- Researches and evaluates alternative solutions and recommends the most efficient and cost effective solution for the systems design considering existing systems, available technology, the capacity and limitations of equipment, operating time and form of desired results.
- Works with development, operations, technical support and other IT areas as appropriate throughout the development and installation processes.
- Designs a detailed systems testing plan to ensure an accurate and effective product.
- May give some direction and guidance to other application analysts.
- May act as a project leader.
- Supports specific software applications to ensure optimal utilization, functionality and availability
- Analyzes reasonably complex software problems and develops/implements solutions with general guidance.
- Tracks and fully documents changes for functional and business specifications; writes detailed universally understood procedures for permanent records and for use in training.
- Responsible for daily support of Epic Resolute
- Participates in projects/meetings involving Epic Resolute
- Ensures new installations will integrate with the current application and data technical environment
- Recognizes, communicates, and escalates concerns relevant to critical path and/or timeline of issues in a timely manner.
- Other duties as requested or assigned
Bachelor’s degree, preferably in Business Administration, Information Technology, Finance or Healthcare, or equivalent combination of education and pertinent experience in health care field.
EPIC certification and expertise required
- 3-4 (or more – higher preferred) years of experience in Epic Resolute
- Epic Resolute Hospital Billing Certification
- Experience working in a healthcare organization with managed care, billing and accounts receivable, and/or reimbursement activity preferred
- Experience in working on medium to large sized systems projects in a technology-driven environment.
- Demonstrates the ability to assure compliance with regulatory, insurance and ethical standards regarding safety of patients, employees and property. Identifies contingency plans for potential risks.
- Requires broad knowledge of the client’s area functions and applications, and an in-depth knowledge of system and technology alternatives, excellent communication skills, strong judgment, and the ability to work effectively with client and IT management and staff.
- Team player who will help create a positive team environment
- Possess self awareness and the ability to utilize constructive feedback to improve performance