IT Reporting Manager - Epic Hospital Billing
Roles & Responsibilities:
The IT Manager is responsible for planning, directing and coordinating the operations of an information technology area of responsibility. Plan, develop, troubleshoot, enhance and maintain systems, procedures and applications for operating efficiency. Manage staff for optimum performance.
Duties and Responsibilities:
1. Manages information technology staff by communicating job expectations; planning, monitoring, and appraising job results; coaching, counseling, and disciplining employees; initiating, coordinating, and enforcing systems, policies, and procedures.
2. Manage development of end user requirements, system design, project plans, staffing requirements and milestones for system enhancements and development.
3. Maintains effectiveness and efficiency by delivering and supporting strategic plans for implementing information technologies.
4. Recommends information technology strategies, policies, and procedures by evaluating organization outcomes; identifying problems; evaluating trends; anticipating requirements.
5. Manage development of enhancement and develop specifications for programming by internal/external resources.
6. Manage all aspects of system(s) maintenance including: software upgrades, database maintenance, end user support, trouble shooting, auditing systems and problem solving.
7. Maintains areas of responsibility?s effectiveness and efficiency by reporting to upper management any performance concerns, defining problems or challenges and unique solutions to problems. Participates in short and long term plans.
8. Ensures that staff adheres to compliance requirements of the department and/or organization and directs confirmation of this compliance be maintained in the employees files.
9. Performs other related duties.
- Bachelor’s Degree in business, computer science or related field is preferred, or combination of relevant I.T. experience and technical or on-the-job IT training, with some supervision preferred.
- 5+ years (higher preferred) in the information technology field or its equivalent
- Licensing and Certification - None, but certifications relevant to area of IT(i.e, EPIC) are preferred.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
Strength Through Diversity
The Mount Sinai Health System believes that diversity is a driver for excellence. We share a common devotion to delivering exceptional patient care. Yet we’re as diverse as the city we call home- culturally, ethically, in outlook and lifestyle. When you join us, you become a part of Mount Sinai’s unrivaled record of achievement, education and advancement as we revolutionize medicine together.
We work hard to acquire and retain the best people, and to create a welcoming, nurturing work environment where you can develop professionally. We share the belief that all employees, regardless of job title or expertise, can make an impact on quality patient care.
Explore more about this opportunity and how you can help us write a new chapter in our story!
Who We Are
Over 38,000 employees strong, the mission of the Mount Sinai Health System is to provide compassionate patient care with seamless coordination and to advance medicine through unrivaled education, research, and outreach in the many diverse communities we serve.
Formed in September 2013, The Mount Sinai Health System combines the excellence of the Icahn School of Medicine at Mount Sinai with seven premier hospital campuses, including Mount Sinai Beth Israel, Mount Sinai Beth Israel Brooklyn, The Mount Sinai Hospital, Mount Sinai Queens, Mount Sinai West (formerly Mount Sinai Roosevelt), Mount Sinai St. Luke’s, and New York Eye and Ear Infirmary of Mount Sinai.
The Mount Sinai Health System is an equal opportunity employer. We comply with applicable Federal civil rights laws and does not discriminate, exclude, or treat people differently on the basis of race, color, national origin, age, religion, disability, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, or gender expression.