Strength Through Diversity
Ground breaking science. Advancing medicine. Healing made personal.
Roles & Responsibilities:
The IT Project Manager III is responsible for leading, planning, managing and directing multiple complex projects consisting of one or more project teams. Responsible for coordinating, scheduling team building, maintaining working relationships with client functional areas outside of IT. Required to achieve the objectives of concurrent projects, with enterprise-wide impact. Allocates staff and budget resources as needed to achieve the objectives of one or more projects any of which could span multiple areas and business functions.
Duties and Responsibilities:
1. Works in tandem with top management to achieve corporate objectives by directing and leading one or more project teams.
2. Reviews and evaluates project plans and objectives.
3. Tracks project progress with respect to time, budget and demonstrated results.
4. Communicates progress to top management and modifies schedules as required.
5. Negotiates with clients, staff and outside vendors as required. Establishes quality and performance targets.
6. Applies effective project management methodologies and control techniques.
7. May recommend changes to the infrastructure consistent with achieving broad objectives.
8. May contribute to the disaster recovery plan and implements it when necessary.
9. May prepare staff performance evaluations.
10. Performs additional duties as assigned or requested.
- Bachelor degree in Computer Science or a related discipline
- Ten years of diverse experience in multiple areas of technology of which at least five years in a leadership position, or an equivalent combination of education and work experience.
- At least five years supervising technical staff.
Strength Through Diversity
The Mount Sinai Health System believes that diversity and inclusion is a driver for excellence. We share a common devotion to delivering exceptional patient care. Yet we’re as diverse as the city we call home- culturally, ethically, in outlook and lifestyle. When you join us, you become a part of Mount Sinai’s unrivaled record of achievement, education and advancement as we revolutionize healthcare delivery together.
We work hard to recruit and retain the best people, and to create a welcoming, nurturing work environment where you have the opportunity and support to develop professionally. We share the belief that all employees, regardless of job title or expertise, have an impact on quality patient care.
Explore more about this opportunity and how you can help us write a new chapter in our story!
Who We Are
Over 38,000 employees strong, the mission of the Mount Sinai Health System is to provide compassionate patient care with seamless coordination and to advance medicine through unrivaled education, research, and outreach in the many diverse communities we serve.
Formed in September 2013, The Mount Sinai Health System combines the excellence of the Icahn School of Medicine at Mount Sinai with seven premier hospitals, including Mount Sinai Beth Israel, Mount Sinai Brooklyn, The Mount Sinai Hospital, Mount Sinai Queens, Mount Sinai West (formerly Mount Sinai Roosevelt), Mount Sinai St. Luke’s, and New York Eye and Ear Infirmary of Mount Sinai.
The Mount Sinai Health System is an equal opportunity employer. We promote recognition and respect for individual and cultural differences, and we work to make our employees feel valued and appreciated, whatever their race, gender, background, or sexual orientation.