Strength Through Diversity
Ground breaking science. Advancing medicine. Healing made personal.
IT Contract Admin, Finan Adm, HR - Req # 2572252
Job Title: Management Analyst I (PR35) – IT Governance
The Mount Sinai Health System’s commitment to excellence extends beyond delivering world-class health care. The System’s ongoing success is dependent upon our highly motivated, nonclinical professionals working to improve business operations. Our leadership team is driven to provide exceptional service by cultivating a workforce that is dedicated to upholding Mount Sinai’s mission of delivering innovative, breakthrough medicine with compassion and integrity.
“Governance” is a management and oversight function that guides the use of leading practices, policies, procedures, and metrics that allow us to monitor quality and ensure continuous improvement toward operational excellence. At Mount Sinai Health System (MSHS), IT Governance is accountable for sustainable achievement in IT management components. Our team is relentless, respectful, resourceful and results-oriented in the pursuit of operational excellence in IT.
Under the direction of the Senior Director, IT Governance, the Management Analyst will support the programs and initiatives of the Advisory Services team of IT Governance
1. Support efforts to implement performance improvement tools and approaches to targeted areas, directly supportive of IT operational and business objectives.
2. Works with key IT associates on special projects, advancing process improvement and other key strategic initiatives.
3. Executes independent and analytical analysis for workflow redesigns. Interviews personnel and conducts on-site observation to ascertain functions, work performed and methods, equipment and personnel used.
4. Analyzes data gathered and helps develop solutions or alternative methods or proceeding. Evaluates and communicates design issues or additional areas for opportunity; helps to resolve problems and offer recommendations.
5. Prepares, reconciles and analyzes basic to moderately complex information; performs special studies and assists with development of new processes and procedures. Provides accurate information to management for review, analysis and decision making.
6. Documents findings of studies and prepares recommendations for implementation of new systems, procedures or organizational changes.
7. May assist in the preparation of manuals and perform training implementations to improve processes. Monitors the effectiveness of training and change management activities; modifies training as required.
8. May monitor project timelines and budgets.
9. Prepares basic to moderately complex studies to inform and support IT leadership’s decision making related to specific initiatives.
10. Creates reporting tools to simplify and communicate financial and operational objectives. Prepares forecasting models to assist in high-level decision making.
11. Prepares monthly or quarterly reports and presentations as required.
12. Documents current operations and provide recommendations on new procedures and methods for management.
13. Prepares documents and diagrams to illustrate and describe operations, and may present findings and recommendations.
14. Other duties as requested or assigned
· Bachelor’s degree in computer science/analytics/healthcare informatics or other related field
· Master’s Degree in Business Administration or related field preferred
· 2+ years’ experience in management or other related field with a Bachelor’s degree, OR 1 year experience with a Master’s degree
· Excellent verbal and written communication
· Ability to think creatively to develop innovative solutions and approaches
· Ability to translate complex problems and solutions into viable solutions across the Health System
· Proficiency with MS Office suite (Excel, Visio, Access and Project) and Office 365 Tools and Apps
· The following are desirable:
o Knowledge of the health information technology function and operations in provider organizations (preferably multi-hospital setting);
o Enterprise awareness, breadth and depth of scope of Healthcare environment
o Understanding of IT Governance role
o Knowledge /exposure to Clinical Systems and billing (EMR, Lab, RIS: EPIC )
o Exposure to Health Information Technology (HIT) service delivery and development models/standards (e.g. ITIL, Agile, Scrum)
o Systems focused mentality (predictive, proactive, precise, personalized, coordinated)
Mount Sinai Health System is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. We recognize the power and importance of a diverse employee population and strongly encourage applicants with various experiences and backgrounds. Mount Sinai Health System--An EEO/AA-D/V Employer.