Strength Through Diversity
Ground breaking science. Advancing medicine. Healing made personal.
The Infrastructure Solutions Integration Specialist II is responsible for driving and supporting creation of a vision, roadmap and operational plan for IT infrastructure within the assigned infrastructure domain(s). Domain infrastructure vision, roadmaps and plans should support and constitute the overall infrastructure architectural plan.
This individual researches, understands and articulates the infrastructure ecosystem including technology, industry, partner, and business unit considerations and capability requirements utilizing a thorough understanding of available technology, tools and best practices.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
1. 1. Participates and/or
leads the review and design for new systems and develops and documents the
technical design for the integration and implementation.
2. Participates in integrated systems planning and recommends alternative technologies that will enhance current or anticipated information systems that support overall business goals.
3. Lead infrastructure efforts to create and maintain infrastructure vision, strategy, planning and roadmap documents
4. Support the creation and utilization of reference architecture design and documents
5. Represent infrastructure domain(s) in the various technology review boards and other infrastructure functions and processes
6. Develop templates and tools to help embed infrastructure architecture in IT processes as appropriate
7. Maintain a thorough understanding of infrastructure technology trends, futures, philosophies and best practices
8. Drive service excellence and a digital workforce through enabling infrastructure
9. Maintain an up to date and highly relevant understanding of emerging capability requirements to support the business in its strategic and operational objectives
10. Represent IT infrastructure as broad infrastructure SME in assigned domains
11. Develop and maintain a full understanding of the business context and challenges that the organization faces
12. Articulate approaches to create and deliver robust, scalable, elegant, flexible and relevant infrastructure solutions that truly transform service delivery.
13. Possess and cultivate within the team engineering craftsmanship, solutions architecture and expertise supported by the latest tools and techniques.
14. Educate the team on emerging infrastructure models including *aaS, Cloud, Hybrid and ecosystem IT enabling infrastructure
15. Translate business requirement use cases into infrastructure capability requirements.
16. Accommodate business needs through the analysis and recommendation of appropriate computing environments, software, hardware, technologies and tools, etc.
17. Research and evaluate alternative technical and process solutions, based on industry best practices and recommend the most efficient and cost effective solutions for system design.
18. Perform functional analysis and system design, including the creation of functional requirements and system design documents.
19. Provide technical consulting and advisory services on projects, programs and other efforts as needed.
20. Other duties as assigned or requested.
Bachelor’s degree in Computer
Science or a related discipline, Master’s degree preferred, or an equivalent
combination of education and work experience.
1. 10 years minimum of related work experience in IT infrastructure
2. Well versed in infrastructure concepts, tools and processes and the creation of design documents, business cases, Use Case diagrams, roadmaps, and other related systems diagrams and documentation.
3. In depth knowledge of legacy and emerging infrastructure design philosophy.
4. In depth knowledge of the system development life cycle.
5. In depth knowledge of Cloud strategy (public, private, hybrid)
6. Experience with Cloud Native Architecture principles and specific tooling and approaches to support secure, resilient, and scalable architectures
7. Experience with *aaS architecture, including commercial offerings and the components necessary to implement containerized workloads
8. Familiarity with infrastructure components including but not limited to networking (including sdn),compute, virtualization, hyperconvergence, firewalls, dns, and storage
9. ITIL Framework competency and service excellence mindset required.
10.Requires excellent communication skills, analytical ability, strong judgment and management skills, and the ability to work effectively with both healthcare and IT management and staff.
11.Experience in Cloud environments (such as Azure and AWS), cloud services, microservices, and serverless architectures, is required