Strength Through Diversity
Ground breaking science. Advancing medicine. Healing made personal.
Roles & Responsibilities:
Join a dynamic, talented group of rehabilitation
professionals! The Mount Sinai Rehabilitation Center is seeking a part time
creative, hard working and caring PT, OT or RN interested in working with our
team to facilitate admissions to our Acute Rehab Programs.
The Clinical Admission and Outreach Coordinator is responsible for the screening of admissions for acute rehabilitation. Primary responsibilities include patient and family outreach, scheduling of admissions, discussion of appropriate level of care with the family and clinical team, participation in discharge planning, and communication with area institutions.
Duties and Responsibilities:
1. Screens and clinically assesses patients in referring hospitals for appropriateness for admission to acute rehabilitation.
2. Interacts with patient/family members to answer questions and promote Mount Sinai Hospital rehabilitation. Recommends the appropriate level of care to both the family and the treating team.
3. Educates referring hospital personnel regarding the rehabilitation program, its benefits, services and advantages. Maintains a thorough knowledge of the program and provides or arranges for tours as requested. Cultivates and maintains relationships with referring personnel.
4. Attends discharge planning rounds in referring institutions and responds to requests from various hospital personnel. Facilitates a smooth and seamless transfer.
5. Documents all encounters in the medical record. Retrieves clinical documentation to facilitate insurance pre-authorization from external payers and timely transfers to rehab.
Bachelor’s degree (Masters preferred) in a relevant clinical science.
3+ years minimum experience, including clinical exposure and patient outreach
1. Clinical Prof License (RN/PT/OT)
Strength Through Diversity
The Mount Sinai Health System believes that diversity and inclusion is a driver for excellence. We share a common devotion to delivering exceptional patient care. Yet we’re as diverse as the city we call home- culturally, ethically, in outlook and lifestyle. When you join us, you become a part of Mount Sinai’s unrivaled record of achievement, education and advancement as we revolutionize healthcare delivery together.
We work hard to recruit and retain the best people, and to create a welcoming, nurturing work environment where you have the opportunity and support to develop professionally. We share the belief that all employees, regardless of job title or expertise, have an impact on quality patient care.
Explore more about this opportunity and how you can help us write a new chapter in our story!
Who We Are
Over 38,000 employees strong, the mission of the Mount Sinai Health System is to provide compassionate patient care with seamless coordination and to advance medicine through unrivaled education, research, and outreach in the many diverse communities we serve.
Formed in September 2013, The Mount Sinai Health System combines the excellence of the Icahn School of Medicine at Mount Sinai with seven premier hospitals, including Mount Sinai Beth Israel, Mount Sinai Brooklyn, The Mount Sinai Hospital, Mount Sinai Queens, Mount Sinai West (formerly Mount Sinai Roosevelt), Mount Sinai St. Luke’s, and New York Eye and Ear Infirmary of Mount Sinai.
The Mount Sinai Health System is an equal opportunity employer. We promote recognition and respect for individual and cultural differences, and we work to make our employees feel valued and appreciated, whatever their race, gender, background, or sexual orientation.