Strength Through Diversity
Ground breaking science. Advancing medicine. Healing made personal.
The Financial Analyst I gathers financial information, analyzes that information and prepares reports, so that Administrators and other departmental leadership can make recommendations. These reports provide internal control over fiscal activity on operating, restricted fund and endowment accounts and other financial activities within the department.
- Assists in reviewing monthly budget, fund and or/general ledgers for the department or business unit within the School or Hospital, including clinical trials and grants if applicable. Provide fluctuation analysis.
- Communicates with accounting staff to obtain variance explanations, to alert them to wire transfers and to ensure that revenue and expenses are captured properly.
- Assists with the regular preparation of reports, invoices and follow-up discussions with department administrators over actual variances from approved budgets.
- Prepare and submit purchase orders, contracts, invoices, check requests, petty cash vouchers, travel requests and travel vouchers, fund transfers as necessary.
- May ensure that grants, clinical trials and other revenue and expense driven projects are properly monitored and timely reports are prepared.
- May prepare a transmittal of instructions for checks and cash which accompanies these instruments to the main cashier or Finance for deposit and credit to the appropriate account.
- Input and review of staff payroll and record maintenance.
- May assist in monitoring payments by insurance providers in determining revenue streams.
Education: Bachelor's degree in Accounting or an equivalent combination of education and experience
3 Years of experience in Finance
Knowledge of accounting principles and practices, sufficient to compile reports concerning financial status and operating procedures of organizations.
Good communication skills
Attention to detail