Ground breaking science. Advancing medicine. Healing made personal.
The FPA Business Analyst is responsible for bridging the gap between IT and the business using data analytics to assess processes, determine requirements and deliver data-driven recommendations and reports to leadership. S/he may also act as liaison between Central Billing Office, Finance, IT and other departments as related to revenue cycle metrics, systems and results. This individual provides daily and routine support to the existing business processes of CBO/MSDFPs through ad hoc reporting and maintenance of existing reporting. Maintains working knowledge of existing business processes and reporting/technology needs used to support these processes.
Roles & Responsibilities:
- Maintains a working knowledge of currency of cores systems (Epic PB, Epic Clarity, BI Informatics) and all bolt-on software solution (MPV, Claim Manager) and any additional system as needed
- Develops and fosters relationships between business and technology teams
- Provides functional/technical expertise and support for the assigned systems, modules and related functions
- Identifies and prioritizes technical and functional requirements
- Improves systems by studying current practices; designing modifications
- Builds and executes data pulls and analysis using in-house database extraction tools (e.g., SQL, Oracle, etc.)
- Identifies KPIs and drivers of financial outcomes. Proactively develops and disseminate report findings, outcomes, and recommendations to management
- Creates a detailed business analysis, outlining problems, opportunities and solutions for a business. Works in cooperation with his/her Project Manager
- Works on more than one project at a time and so must constantly reevaluate their priorities and deadlines
- Documents processes to help refine the problem the project is trying to solve; documentation almost always involves diagrams modeling how work is done
- Brainstorms requirements a solution needs to have and participate in requirements gathering to ensure their knowledge has as much depth and context as possible
- Participates in various CBO/MSDFP projects and handles specific reporting/analysis initiatives as the project lead
- Assists senior staff with projects and presentations of routine financial information
- Protects operations by keeping information confidential, understanding and following security policies and adhering to departmental standards, procedures and techniques
- Other duties as assigned
- Education: Bachelor’s degree, preferably in the following fields of study: Analytics, Health Administration, Computer Science, Finance, Math, Business Administration, Economics
- Experience: 4+ years (higher preferred) of experience in data/analytics, strategy consulting, or related business experience
- Knowledge of Epic PB a plus; superior quantitative analysis skills
Strength Through Diversity
The Mount Sinai Health System believes that diversity is a driver for excellence. We share a common devotion to delivering exceptional patient care. Yet we’re as diverse as the city we call home- culturally, ethically, in outlook and lifestyle. When you join us, you become a part of Mount Sinai’s unrivaled record of achievement, education and advancement as we revolutionize medicine together.
We work hard to acquire and retain the best people, and to create a welcoming, nurturing work environment where you can develop professionally. We share the belief that all employees, regardless of job title or expertise, can make an impact on quality patient care.
Explore more about this opportunity and how you can help us write a new chapter in our story!
Over 38,000 employees strong, the mission of the Mount Sinai Health System is to provide compassionate patient care with seamless coordination and to advance medicine through unrivaled education, research, and outreach in the many diverse communities we serve.
Formed in September 2013, The Mount Sinai Health System combines the excellence of the Icahn School of Medicine at Mount Sinai with seven premier hospital campuses, including Mount Sinai Beth Israel, Mount Sinai Beth Israel Brooklyn, The Mount Sinai Hospital, Mount Sinai Queens, Mount Sinai West (formerly Mount Sinai Roosevelt), Mount Sinai St. Luke’s, and New York Eye and Ear Infirmary of Mount Sinai.
The Mount Sinai Health System is an equal opportunity employer. We promote recognition and respect for individual and cultural differences, and we work to make our employees feel valued and appreciated, whatever their race, gender, background, or sexual orientation.