Strength Through Diversity
Ground breaking science. Advancing medicine. Healing made personal.
The Administrative/Practice Manager for Primary Care responsible for planning, direction and oversight of all administrative, human resources, financial/revenue cycle and/or clinical operations for the department. This is a senior level management position which may oversee facilities planning, maintenance and custodial operations as well as responsibility of grants and contracts and capital budget.
- Manages and coordinates activities of clerical, administrative, billing, finance and and/or other personnel in assigned area(s).
- Analyzes internal processes and plans or implements procedural and policy changes to improve operations.
- Recommends cost saving methods, such as supply changes and disposal of records to improve efficiency of department.
- Prepares and reviews operational reports and schedules to ensure accuracy and efficiency.
- Assists in the planning of budgetary needs by analyzing short and long-term program plans. Collaborates with department leadership to assure the completion of the annual budget and subsequent monitoring of financial status of the department.
- Interprets and administers personnel policies such as hiring, performance appraisals, training, staff disciplinary activity and salary recommendations. Ensures compliance with federal, state and local regulations regarding equal pay.
- Facilitates creation of training programs. Conducts training for staff to carry out departmental programs and services.
- Facilitates implements quality assurance programs to meet standards and regulations of federal, state and city accrediting agencies.
- Ensures standards and regulations of accrediting agencies such as Joint Commission on the Accreditation of Healthcare (JCAHO) and New York State and City Department of Health are met.
- Chairs department committees and participates in hospital committees as assigned.
- Performs other related duties.
- Bachelor’s degree in business or public administration or related field, Masters preferred
- 8+ years’ experience in an administrative or management capacity, preferably in the management of a multi-specialty practice
- Strong leadership and problem solving skills
- Excellent written, oral and interpersonal communication skills
- Knowledge of operational analysis and decision-making techniques for resource allocation and organizational effectiveness