Strength Through Diversity
Ground breaking science. Advancing medicine. Healing made personal.
Roles & Responsibilities:
- We are seeking a highly motivated postdoctoral immunologist with specific interest and background in G-Protein Coupled Receptors and/or Mast cell biology. Our lab investigates genetic and immunologic factors associated with Inflammatory Bowel Diseases. The postdoc will serve as a dedicated investigator of a project focusing on a GPCR target as it relates to Ulcerative Colitis and testing neutralizing antibodies in a mouse model. This research has direct clinical implications as GPCRs represent one of the most targetable of drug classes.
- Applicants need to have a strong competence in running projects independently but also have the ability to work effectively in a collaborative environment.
Qualified candidates should possess strong communication skills, creativity, self-motivation. Candidates must also be proficient in oral and written English.
• PhD degree in an appropriate area
• Strong acumen of genetics, pharmacology and molecular biology
• Documented experience in either GPCRs or Mast Cells
• Proficiency in both written and spoken English
Strength Through Diversity
The Mount Sinai Health System believes that diversity and inclusion is a driver for excellence. We share a common devotion to delivering exceptional patient care. Yet we’re as diverse as the city we call home- culturally, ethically, in outlook and lifestyle. When you join us, you become a part of Mount Sinai’s unrivaled record of achievement, education and advancement as we revolutionize healthcare delivery together.
We work hard to recruit and retain the best people, and to create a welcoming, nurturing work environment where you have the opportunity and support to develop professionally. We share the belief that all employees, regardless of job title or expertise, have an impact on quality patient care.
Explore more about this opportunity and how you can help us write a new chapter in our story!
Who We Are
Over 38,000 employees strong, the mission of the Mount Sinai Health System is to provide compassionate patient care with seamless coordination and to advance medicine through unrivaled education, research, and outreach in the many diverse communities we serve.
Formed in September 2013, The Mount Sinai Health System combines the excellence of the Icahn School of Medicine at Mount Sinai with seven premier hospitals, including Mount Sinai Beth Israel, Mount Sinai Brooklyn, The Mount Sinai Hospital, Mount Sinai Queens, Mount Sinai West (formerly Mount Sinai Roosevelt), Mount Sinai St. Luke’s, and New York Eye and Ear Infirmary of Mount Sinai.
The Mount Sinai Health System is an equal opportunity employer. We comply with applicable Federal civil rights laws and does not discriminate, exclude, or treat people differently on the basis of race, color, national origin, age, religion, disability, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, or gender expression.