Ground breaking science. Advancing medicine. Healing made personal.
The Database Analyst I assists in the design, testing, implementation, maintenance and control of the organization’s databases across multiple platforms, technologies (e.g., physical, relational and object oriented) and computing environments (e.g., host based, distributed systems, client server).
Roles & Responsibilities:
- Designs, tests, implements, maintains and controls the organization’s physical and relational databases
- Creates and maintains descriptions for data users to meet defined organizational data requirements
- May consult with systems analysts and designers on procedures related to new or existing files
- With some direction, establishes and maintains databases for user testing purposes and production
- May assist and help train lower level analysts. Performs related duties as assigned or requested
- Education: Bachelor’s degree in computer science, statistics and/or related field. Master’s degree in relevant field of study preferred
- Experience: Three years minimum in the design and administration of logical and relational databases in diverse technological environments
- Must understand the systems development process and have a solid understanding of business processes
- Requires analytical ability, good communication skills, strong judgment and the ability to work effectively with clients and other IT management and staff
Strength Through Diversity
The Mount Sinai Health System believes that diversity is a driver for excellence. We share a common devotion to delivering exceptional patient care. Yet we’re as diverse as the city we call home- culturally, ethically, in outlook and lifestyle. When you join us, you become a part of Mount Sinai’s unrivaled record of achievement, education and advancement as we revolutionize medicine together.
We work hard to acquire and retain the best people, and to create a welcoming, nurturing work environment where you can develop professionally. We share the belief that all employees, regardless of job title or expertise, can make an impact on quality patient care.
Explore more about this opportunity and how you can help us write a new chapter in our story!
Over 38,000 employees strong, the mission of the Mount Sinai Health System is to provide compassionate patient care with seamless coordination and to advance medicine through unrivaled education, research, and outreach in the many diverse communities we serve.
Formed in September 2013, The Mount Sinai Health System combines the excellence of the Icahn School of Medicine at Mount Sinai with seven premier hospital campuses, including Mount Sinai Beth Israel, Mount Sinai Beth Israel Brooklyn, The Mount Sinai Hospital, Mount Sinai Queens, Mount Sinai West (formerly Mount Sinai Roosevelt), Mount Sinai St. Luke’s, and New York Eye and Ear Infirmary of Mount Sinai.
The Mount Sinai Health System is an equal opportunity employer. We promote recognition and respect for individual and cultural differences, and we work to make our employees feel valued and appreciated, whatever their race, gender, background, or sexual orientation.