Strength Through Diversity
Ground breaking science. Advancing medicine. Healing made personal.
Dept- Tisch 015 REQ #2580830
Job Title: Clinical Research Coordinator I
A Clinical Research Coordinator (CRC) I position is currently available within the Cancer Clinical Trials Office (CCTO) at the Tisch Cancer Institute. The CRC I assist in coordination and scheduling of clinical trial related testing and procedures will for our Early Phase Trial Unit Program within CCTO. Duties will include activities such as, but no limited to, distribution of samples for biomarker and translational research testing and activities, data collection, HBS collection kit fulfillment to clinical sites, and sample query resolution between clinical sites and central reference labs. S/he will work closely with internal clinical staff as well as external vendors and an external biorepository..
The Tisch Cancer Institute is a vital component of the Icahn School of Medicine at Mount Sinai Hospital and plays a key role in the Mount Sinai Health System, which is one of the largest health care systems in the nation. We are a National Cancer Institute (NCI)-designated center and provide a multidisciplinary approach to cancer treatments and clinical breakthroughs that may one day put an end to cancer. Our Cancer Clinical Trials Office (CCTO) provides the infrastructure and resources required to support patient-based cancer research.
- Assists in coordination and scheduling of clinical trial related testing and procedures.
- Manages and maintains patient schedule tracking based on clinical trial guidelines.
- Facilitates seamless communication with patients and clinical trial team.
- Works effectively with internal colleagues to fulfill clinical trial required screening, treatment, and follow up procedures.
- Responsible for ensuring proper and timely posting of updates to the clinical scheduling systems and OnCore database as needed
- Assists and maintains an ICF database for tracking HBS related patient selections. Collects and records study data; inputs all information into database as assigned
- Supports clinical trials from biological specimen collection to analysis through effective tactical interactions with clinical teams, clinical sites, a central biorepository, central reference labs, specialty lab partners, and external collaborators (e.g. Academia).
- Ensures or carries out the shipping and tracking of lab tests or samples as required by the protocol as required
- Follows GCP/GLP/ICH guidelines, global legal and regulatory standards for HBS management, and internal biomarker sample management business processes and standard operating procedures (SOPs).
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
- Bachelor's Degree in Science or closely related field preferred.
- 0-2 years’ experience in a hospital or academic (research) environment preferred.
- Excellent organizational skills
- Experience navigating complex calendar and scheduling requirements
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Attention to detail and accuracy